Detailer-Car Wash - Texas Hobby
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
This position ensures that vehicles are placed in sale condition according to customer specifications and Auction standards by performing a variety of cleaning duties to the interior and exterior of the vehicles.
* Clean out and de-trash interior of vehicles by removing any debris and trash from ashtrays, console, dashboard, door panels, seats, etc., as well as trunk and engine compartment.
* Remove license plates and stickers, as well as any writing from windows, except pertinent to Auction business. Disassemble spare tires in trunk.
* Wash vehicles using a high-pressure washer or automatic car wash equipment. Apply chemicals, power-wash the engine compartment and clean battery terminals.
* Clean doorjambs, sills, interior panels, wheels, tires, hub caps/wheel covers, wheel wells, moldings, bumpers, head- and taillights, spare tire , exterior panels, trunk, hood, and interior and exterior windows. Detail vehicles by cleaning and dressing trim, molding, weather stripping, instrument panel, steering wheel, dash molding, etc. with detail brushes.
* Buff vehicles by applying dressing to engine compartment, wheels, wheel wells and tires, vinyl tops, etc. Apply compound, cleaner and/or polish to vehicles interior, and buff out using a rotary buffer (or by hand as necessary). Wax and buff exterior and all painted surfaces of vehicles using a hand-type buffer.
* Vacuum interior, scrub, shampoo and spot clean carpet and upholstery. Straighten seatbelts.
* Clean glove box making sure that warranty booklet, owner's manual and other manufacturer issued information is returned.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, including driving vehicle into building and to proper clean car staging area, occasional sale day driving.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Previous experience in detail shop or buffing experience helpful.
* Valid driver s license and safe driving record required.
* Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
* Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
* Medium strength; ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc.).
* Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Primary Location:US-TX-Houston-8215 Kopman Dr
Job Level:Individual Contributor