Detailer-Car Wash - Texas Hobby
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This position ensures that vehicles are placed in sale condition according to customer specifications and Auction standards by performing a variety of cleaning duties to the interior and exterior of the vehicles.
* Clean out and de-trash interior of vehicles by removing any debris and trash from ashtrays, console, dashboard, door panels, seats, etc., as well as trunk and engine compartment.
* Remove license plates and stickers, as well as any writing from windows, except pertinent to Auction business. Disassemble spare tires in trunk.
* Wash vehicles using a high-pressure washer or automatic car wash equipment. Apply chemicals, power-wash the engine compartment and clean battery terminals.
* Clean doorjambs, sills, interior panels, wheels, tires, hub caps/wheel covers, wheel wells, moldings, bumpers, head- and taillights, spare tire , exterior panels, trunk, hood, and interior and exterior windows. Detail vehicles by cleaning and dressing trim, molding, weather stripping, instrument panel, steering wheel, dash molding, etc. with detail brushes.
* Buff vehicles by applying dressing to engine compartment, wheels, wheel wells and tires, vinyl tops, etc. Apply compound, cleaner and/or polish to vehicles interior, and buff out using a rotary buffer (or by hand as necessary). Wax and buff exterior and all painted surfaces of vehicles using a hand-type buffer.
* Vacuum interior, scrub, shampoo and spot clean carpet and upholstery. Straighten seat belts.
* Clean glove box making sure that warranty booklet, owner's manual and other manufacturer issued information is returned.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, including driving vehicle into building and to proper clean car staging area, occasional sale day driving.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Previous experience in detail shop or buffing experience helpful.
* Valid driver s license and safe driving record required.
* Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
* Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
* Medium strength; ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc.).
* Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , Xtime and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit http://www.coxautoinc.com/.
Primary Location:US-TX-Houston-8215 Kopman Dr
Job Level:Individual Contributor