Detailer - Project Coordinator - GER01934
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Perform routine to moderately complex drafting, detailing and other related duties to produce accurate placing drawings and plans necessary for the fabrication and placement of reinforcing steel bars and related accessories in accordance with customer contract documents, industry standards and /or established practices and procedures. Use care to insure the efficient use of materials, fabrication methods and timely delivery of finished products. Utilize computer microstation and \\"aSa\\" computer aided design (CAD) detailing software to create placing plans, or generate plans manually by using tracing or cut-and-paste detailing techniques. Proceed alone on assigned projects and serve as project team member on large projects or function as a team leader or smaller, less complex projects as directed. Receive instructions or direction from the Chief Detailer, A Detailer team leaders, or Engineering Manager with regards to projects assigned and to assist with problem resolution or coordination of detailing activities. Assist or check work of less qualified or less experienced detailers on related work or projects. Duties & Responsibilities
* Prepare simple to moderately complex placing plans of structural components using customer structural and architectural drawings and specifications.
* Incorporate elevations, sections, plans, bending details, placing lists and material lists in a clear and concise manner that can be easily read and interpreted by project customer, engineer or architect.
* Perform and record various mathematical calculations and equations using charts, graphs, hand-held calculators, and conventional and CAD system computer software programs.
* Create bar lists and orders for accessory items in accordance with the project pour sequence and schedule. Prepare run-in orders to accommodate customer requests, revisions or errors.
* Coordinate project-detailing activities with fabrication department personnel to insure on-time delivery to customer site locations in accordance with project delivery schedule and contract specifications.
* Communicate with customer regarding project details involving detailing, fabrication and delivery issues. Answer customer questions related to assigned projects and resolve any problems that may occur.
* Coordinate the preparation of project placing plans in accordance with customer schedule and/or contract requirements and forward for approval(s).
* Make revisions to placing plans or drawings at the request project customer, contractor, engineer, architect, or department supervisor and follow up to obtain needed information or to resolve discrepancies in plan sections, dimensions, etc. Update approval drawings, investigate and incorporate customer/architect/engineer notations, and return to customer.
* On occasion travel to customer job site to resolve or assist others in resolving placing problems, obtain information, and to investigate claims involving company detailing services or fabricated products.
* Initiate and route customer change forms to document project requests, revisions, errors, or omissions, or any new orders that are not part of the original customer contract.
* Maintain project files, to include release logs, contract control codes, weights, and release numbers as well as the project submittal log containing drawing numbers, alpha codes and submittal dates. Backup and maintain computer files.
* Education preferred: 2 or 4 year technical degree in drafting or engineering field
* 3 or more years of experience on related work such as rebar detailing and estimating of reinforcing steel
* Knowledge of Micro station and/or AutoCAD is preferred
* Ability to read blue prints
* Excellent communication skills, multi-tasking skills, project management and/or project coordinator experience
Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.