This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 3/3/2017
Trimble Navigation Limited
Trimble is recruiting for a MEP Design Technician to fill an opportunity in Provo, UT.
* Produce Coordinated shop drawings for fabrication and field installation
* Create detailed piping/plumbing/sheet metal and electrical coordination drawings with other trades that comply with the local codes.
* Identify conflicts with the architectural, structural and other MEP trades and present well thought out and cost effective solutions.
* Review construction documents, product literature, specifications and cut sheets
* Effectively communicate with project managers, project engineers and other team members during the construction process.
* Produce spool drawings that are clearly labeled and accurately dimensioned for pre-fabrication purposes.
* Participate in coordination and project related meetings.
* Review Contract Documents, project specifications and equipment submittals for accuracy and apply this metadata to the model
* Provide project managers weekly updates to keep aligned with project schedule
* Other responsibilities as needed by the organization
Skills & Experience Required:
* 5-7 years as a commercial Mechanical, Plumbing or HVAC coordinator.
* Proficient in AutoCAD MEP, Revit and Navisworks 2016 (Building Design Suite)
* Proficient in AutoCAD Fabrication CADmep 2016
* Proficient in Trimble Pipe Designer 2016
* Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
* Solid understanding of construction industry and processes
* Ability to work in a team environments well as independently.
* Commitment to detail, deadlines and goal oriented.
* Possession of analytical problem solving abilitie
* Autodesk or other CAD training certifications a plus
* Must be highly organized and able to multitask effectively
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D