DevOps Engineer 9/15/2016
Eden Prairie, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DEVOPS ENGINEER
Datalink has a clear vision for growth, a penchant for successful execution, and a robust, comprehensive portfolio of data center services and solutions. We enable our customers to transform their data centers to become more efficient, manageable, and responsive to evolving business demands.
Datalink successfully delivers projects that provide business agility and cost efficiency while strengthening business and IT alignment. Doing so demands exceptional talent from our workforce. We support and nurture our talented team, working to expand their capabilities and provide an environment for individual growth. Whatever the role, ideas are encouraged and rewarded.
If you want to transform your career, fulfill your potential, and be acknowledged for your contributions, then Datalink is where you belong.
The Lead DevOps Engineer is responsible for understanding functional requirements and design considerations and developing them into working application code within an Agile development team.
* Reviews and understands user stories.
* Develops tasks to decompose the stories into manageable components.
* Creates code that meets the requirements.
* Develops test plans to validate functionality.
* Maintains source code repository controls
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
The Lead DevOps Engineer requires significant experience with technologies such as:
* Creation, maintenance and execution of Chef Cookbooks
* Creation, maintenance and execution of Puppet Modules.
* Creation and implementation of containers using Docker and/or CoreOS.
* Creation and maintenance of AWS server environments
In addition this position requires a solid working knowledge of Linux environments such as RHEL/CentOS and Ubuntu.
The qualified candidate will display:
* Strong communication skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong leadership skills
* Ability to work with technical people as proficiently as with business people.
All offers of employment with Datalink are contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
Datalink Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.