This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R2414 DevOps Engineer (Open)
Job Posting Title:
The DevOps Engineer supports high-availability 24/7 production systems of low to moderate complexity and risk. The role performs ongoing application support for live production systems by diagnosing and resolving issues, configuring, patching, and installing custom-developed and third-party package applications and upgrades; identifying and recommending options for improving performance, maintainability and operability; update existing practices and procedures, as defined by supervisor. The role may also assist senior technical staff with architecting technical solutions; work on projects requiring technical decision making and providing input to delivery schedules; normally receive basic instruction on routine work and general instructions on new assignments; and have work periodically reviewed by more senior team members or supervisors for the soundness of technical judgment and overall accuracy.
- Acts as the single point of contact for development and product teams into Technical Operations and as the primary subject matter expert within Technical Operations for a limited number of applications and services
- Works with senior members of the team to ensure operational requirements (reliability, availability, scalability, performance, capacity etc.) are met, and recommends operational improvements to them
- Knowledgeable of monitoring for owned applications and proactively monitors and manages the runstate of them; responsible and accountable for ensuring all issues are addressed and resolved in a timely and robust fashion
- Performs technical work to accomplish tasks and projects within defined time lines and in a professional manner in alignment with active standards
- Installs, upgrades, configures, repairs and monitors high-availability 24/7 application service, third-party appliances, and applications; assists with automation scripts and tools to improve the team’s overall efficiency
- Works with others or independently on projects of low to medium complexity with minimal cross team alignment needs
- Works with team members on project tasks that derive from release requirements; uses ticketing system to accurately document tasks performed for assigned production systems; communicates technical issues within entire product release
- Documents operations and manages resources related to procedures, including installation, maintenance, restart / recovery, monitoring and troubleshooting; performs ongoing revision and testing of established procedures
- Performs maintenance and service functions to support production infrastructure, including system installation, systems administration, patching and configuration and software upgrades
- Provides second-level support (application and host specific tasks) of Web services monitoring alerts; refers to resolution processes, and escalates and communicates outages/issues to senior team members and supervisor
- Participates in 24x7 on-call rotation and responds to production alerts involving multiple software system components, using background, experience and established procedures to resolve issues and restore services as quickly as possible
- Follows and updates the Tactical Run Books and SOP’s, which define the processes and procedures for first-level support of Web Operations systems; continues troubleshooting beyond what is documented
- Keeps abreast of technical trends, and develops and incorporates them within assignments as appropriate; recommends improvements and changes to supervisor and team
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field is preferred with 5+ years of directly related work experience
- Strong working knowledge of Unix/Linux systems administration and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in one or more administrative languages such as Bash, Ruby, Python preferred
- Knowledge and exposure to network protocols and tools for system side diagnostics
- Knowledge and exposure to secure communication tools and principles (SSH, SSL, TLS, etc.)
- Experience with commercial or open source monitoring systems (Nagios, Zenoss, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge of distributed systems development, tools and designs
- Familiarity with failure mode analysis
- Experience with distributed computing and Software Registration systems such as Cassandra/Zookeeper a plus
- Understanding of basic software lifecycle process
- Familiarity with version control tools (Git, Perforce, SVN, etc.) a plus
- Familiarity with common frameworks, languages and application servers for Webapps, Java, C/C++ or other languages a plus.
- Experience with hosting applications in Cloud, and principles of elasticity using third party cloud technologies (Amazon AWS, Azure, CloudStack, Rackspace, etc.) a plus
- Experience with automated host installation and configuration enforcement technologies (Chef,Cobbler, KickStart, Puppet, Foreman, etc.) a plus
- Experience with relational database technologies (SQL, schema design, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge and experience in the administration and operations of large-scale distributed computing environments; experience with standard system Operations methods and procedures; prior hosting experience a plus
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.