This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
NTT Data Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The Senior DevOps Engineer works with the engineering and operations teams to apply Agile practices and DevOps tools to help increase productivity and reduce waste in the build and deploy practices. The successful candidate will work as a mentor, and change agent. They will work to implement DevOps vision and strategy.
* Provide support to the existing configuration management environment.
* Develop solutions in alignment with departmental goals, SLA's for availability, scalability and resiliency
* Develop and advocate for Operations best practices, standards and processes
* Work with teams to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement in the deployment and build processes.
* Partner with Infrastructure COE to lead improvement of technical processes across Platform engineering and Operations teams to improve delivery and availability for platforms.
* Execute procedures to support security management. Maintain user accounts and profiles. Prepare for and supports emergency events
* Document resolution using standard templates defined in procedures
* Work as a mentor to advocate for use of Lean and DevOps practices in all aspects of the platform engineering team.
* Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security and high availability in the cloud.
* Keep systems running at peak performance, upgrade operating system, patches, and version upgrades as required
* Lead other admins and platform engineers through design and implementation decisions to achieve balance between strategic design and tactical needs.
* Troubleshooting production issues and performing On-Call duties, at times.
* Collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers, QA and Engineering teams to *deliver on time and within budget
* Manage and respond to problems and incidents, resolving or escalating as needed
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent relevant experience
* Experience in System Administration, Engineering, Automation and configuration tasks.
* Solid understanding of Agile and Lean principles
* Automation background in multiple scripting languages
* Experience with Git, Subversion or other version control systems
* 5 or more years in Unix systems engineering with experience in Red Hat Linux, Centos or Ubuntu
* 6-months+ experience with Puppet, Chef or AWS OpsWorks
* Ability to architect, design and implement solutions with AWS Virtual Private Cloud, Elastic Compute Cloud, AWS Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling, AWS Simple Storage Service, Route 53 and other AWS products
* Hands on experience with monitoring tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Nagios or Ganglia.
* Deep Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP, load-balancers and high availability architecture
* Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
* Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications
* Experience supporting/building automated operational processes and procedures to maximize efficiency
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.