This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Trimble Navigation Limited
PeopleNet , a company of Trimble, is recruiting for a DevOps Engineer to fill an opportunity in Minnetonka, MN.
PeopleNet is a technology leader in the Transportation, Logistics, and Energy industry with a long history of innovation spanning software, hardware, and wireless communications. Our feature-rich enterprise solution uses the latest technology such as M2M communications hosted in the cloud. Our technology connects in-cab intelligent displays and on-board computers to customer back-end systems using RESTful APIs.
ABOUT THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY:
Are you passionate about technology* When you hear words like Angular, Gulp, and autoscaling does your heart go aflutter* Then this opportunity is right up your alley! At PeopleNet we are passionate about our people, our customers, our culture, and especially our technology. The DevOps team plays a critical role in enabling PeopleNet to provide customers with our world class technology offerings. They are the glue that binds the PeopleNet products together. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference in a self-empowered and agile organization that encourages new ideas through collaboration and creativity. T his role will focus on DevOps automation and CI/CD development. While there is a definite hands-on aspect to this role, the ideal candidate will also lead projects, work with agile development and IT teams to provide solutions, and be a subject matter expert in DevOps best practices . Come join us and help us build the technology that will define the future of fleet mobility solutions.
* As part of the DevOps team you will be responsible for configuration, optimization, documentation and support of the infrastructure components of PeopleNet software products which are hosted in collocated facilities and cloud services such as AWS.
* Design and build tools and frameworks that support deploying and managing PeopleNet platforms
* Design, build, and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure.
* Assist in coaching application developers on proper techniques for building scalable applications in the microservices paradigm.
* Foster collaboration with software product development , architecture, and IT teams to ensure releases are delivered with repeatable and auditable processes.
* Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments.
* Work independently across multiple platforms and applications to understand dependencies.
* Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability of PeopleNet continuous integration environments.
* Design and architect solutions for existing client facing applications as they are moved into cloud environments such as AWS.
* Excited by the opportunity to build highly scalable, world class products.
* Comfortable working in multiple languages, frameworks, and environments.
* Eager and willing to work in a fast paced, Agile development environment.
* Comfortable working with senior engineers to help champion creative solutions that benefit the team.
* Possesses intellectual humility: smart, driven, creative, and able to make mistakes and learn from them, willing to raise others up.
* Someone who has a nose for business concerns and can balance them with technical goals.
* A teacher, a listener, and a collaborator.
* 4-year degree or equivalent experience in a software related field.
* 2+ years experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, troubleshooting, and related DevOps technologies.
* 2+ years experience with build technologies and tools like Packer, Rake, Ant, and Gradle.
* 2+ years experience with containerization/orchestration technologies tools like Rancher, Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, and Swarm.
* Experience in delivering and managing web or cloud-based services.
* Experience SCM tools such as Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.
* Experience with test automation tools like Cucumber, Junit, Selenium, Fitness, etc.
* Experience with cloud services like Amazon Web Services and related APIs.
* Experience with config/provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Salt, or Ansible in production environments with many nodes.
* Experience with scripting and automated process management via scripting, such as Bash, POSIX Shell, Ruby and Python.
* Experience with IaaS and PaaS technologies like AWS, Heroku, Azor, and OpenStack
* Experience with messaging technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.
* Experience with networking concepts like Routing, SNMP, Web Application Firewalls, Load Balancing, and VPNs utilizing products including those from Cisco, Brocade, Foritnet, and F5.
* Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Splunk, ElasticSearch, etc.
* Log aggregation
* Administering Unix / Linux
* Agile methodology
PeopleNet is a Trimble Company and part of Trimble s international Transportation and Logistics division. Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D