DevOps Engineer 8/16/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hello
Hope you are doing great
If you are interested please reply with below detail
Best time for call
Position: DevOps Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
USC AND GREEN CARD ONLY
What You'll Do:
There are certainly some benefits to working on a system that has a handful of users in the same building as the engineering team. However, if you really want your skills as a DevOps engineer to be challenged, consider working on products that are touching real consumers in the real world. You'll get that on Catalina's Platform engineering team, where you'll be working on distributed, high availability cloud applications that interact with millions of consumers every day around the world to deliver personalized marketing content.
* 5+ years delivering results in a DevOps role
* 5+ years working with CI (Puppet, Chef, vagrant, Jenkins, etc.)
* 5+ years server and file system administration (Ubuntu, EC2, HDFS, AWS S3)
* 3+ years working in Cloud (Amazon, Azure, Rackspace, or similar)
* Extensive scripting experience with Shel, Bash, Python, etc.
* Experience with source control tools such as GIT/Github or SVN
* Experience with firewall, intrusion detection prevention, and network security.
* Experience with Hadoop or other Big Date technologies
* Own management of applications and services, ensuring security and operational requirements (reliability, availability, scalability, performance, capacity etc.) are met and improved
What You'll Bring:
* A good working knowledge of Agile software engineering processes. Bonus points if you have helped another organization make the transition.
* Clear communication skills. We are looking for someone that is comfortable talking to peers about a design solution on the same day they are explaining a new technology to an executive.
* A desire to focus on results, less on non-value activities. As a lean IT professional on the team, you'll have goals to meet, and the freedom to meet those goals in the most effective manner possible.
Nice to have in your bag of tricks (not required, but let us know):
* Active community member on github or apache
* Experience with load balancers and proxies (HAProxy, Nginix, AWS Route 53)
* Experience with Hadoop and ecosystem