This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Blue Coat Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and pro-active DevOps Engineer to join the WSS Cloud Solutions Team. In this role you will be responsible for the full automation of build, deployment, and maintenance processes for Blue Coat Cloud Services. The individual should be very comfortable with continuous integration concepts and tools, and possess networking and system administration knowledge. The individual is expected to participate in all aspects of the building and deployment of multiple Blue Coat Cloud services.
Work closely with the cross site development, QA, and operations teams on deployment and maintenance of cloud production services.
Work closely with the Application Architects to brainstorm, design and implement technical build and deployment solutions.
Write build and deployment scripts.
Produce clear installation and deployment guides.
Establish a proactive application monitoring environment.
Create an environment where product upgrades can take place with a zero, or near zero, maintenance window.
Continual maintenance and improvement of automation.
Coordinate day to day operations of Infrastructure group to support production, as well as products under development.
* Experience maintaining large production deployments using, Chef, Salt, or Puppet.
* Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools such as Jenkins or an equivalent.
* Solid understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts.
* Experience with public cloud environments, AWS, Rackspace, or Azure.
* Experience with Openstack or VMWare virtualized environments.
* Extensive experience using a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
* Strong scripting skills. Python preferred.
* Broad technical background of networking and storage technologies and production level infrastructures.
* Experience with MySQL or other relational databases. NoSQL experience is a plus.
* Experience with log monitoring and analysis tools like Splunk in a production environment
* Experience with deployment and maintenance of production services using micro services architecture a plus.
Preferably at least 5+ years of development experience.
Prior experience with build and deployment automation.
* Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
A passion for detail and excellence.
Results-oriented able to work with tight deadlines.
Good interpersonal skills capable of collaborating and brainstorming with technical staff.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Blue Coat Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal? Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin
Blue Coat Systems, Inc. prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability.