Developer - Evangelist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Hansell Tierney on behalf of our client
JOB DESCRIPTIONHANSELL TIERNEY is helping our client, an exciting Leader in providing Data-as-a-Service to its extensive customer base, utilizing Machine Learning and Big Data collection.
LOCATION: Seattle, WA (Relocation assistance available for non-local candidates)
WIN THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF DEVELOPERS!!
_Do you have an uncanny ability to help both geeks and technophobes understand why technology is cool _
_Are you passionate about getting the best tools possible into the hands of other developers _
_Do you delight in helping developers build innovative apps and sites with new tech and tools _
As the Developer Evangelist, you'll be the voice of the developer to both internal and external audiences. You'll be a critical member of a tight-knit and fun-loving team of geeks building a new category of business. Creativity, initiative, and the ability to GSD are vital, as you'll directly own the CLIENT developer community building and outreach.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
* Win the hearts and minds of developers to increase Product API usage
* Evangelize developer products in person and online. Be voice on developer blogs, represent at hackathons, meetups, attend tech events, be amazing at giving demos, and share and build our growing community of developers
* Deliver articulate, effective and audience-appropriate presentations and demonstrations with technically-oriented content at various events to both small and large audiences
* Prepare and conduct developer hackathons and contests
* Author and collaborate with other developers on sample code for the community
* Contribute to outbound developer marketing and communications
* Create technical content for publication on our blog and other channels to show developers how to implement specific solutions or use new technologies
* Guide the development and launch of our SDK, APIs, and developer portal by gathering and providing feedback
* Advocate for developers internally, and influence internaldeveloper product strategy by working with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Business Development, and other teams
* Be proactive about identifying technical problems and have a sense of urgency in routing them to our engineers to solve
* Minimum of 5 years' experience with softwareengineering
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in client-facing technical role such as developer support, technical customer support, or sales engineering
* Well-connected with the developer community already; participates in online discussions and GitHub
* Self-starter who can get things done
* SW development experience and expertise with APIs and SDKs
* Technical proficiency, demonstrated through technical undergraduatedegree (BA/BSrequired)
* Excellent ability to debug problems and come up with solutions based on limited information
* Excellent writing and communications skills required
* Ability to work in a cross-functional environment
* Social skills - a lot of great connections and opportunities are discovered simply by getting out and talking to people
* Sense of humor