This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
The Development Engineer develops, designs and analyzes new products and provides technical support on existing products. This position is highly technical and requires an individual who can work independently. A working knowledge of transmission line signal integrity concepts is necessary to provide the basis and tools in completing required tasks. The Development Engineer shall support the activities related to new design concepts, product application, advanced materials, design review and validation and customer / market acceptance for products created in both the Worcester, MA and Dongguan, China facilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Initiates design and development projects. Works in conjunction with Marketing, Process Engineering and Operations Personnel on the development of new product.
* Design high performance cables utilizing company established formulas, materials and techniques.
* Maintain a System level understanding of customer application and the cable design/concept necessary for providing a solution to the customers challenge.
* Provides signal integrity / technical support to customers relating to application engineering and custom cable design.
* Extensive customer contact and communication. Includes about 10% travel.
* Provides Technology presentations to customers & industry standards committees. Includes travel
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supports and maintains a tracking system for verifying the performance characteristics of both new and existing products.
* Provides Product / Technology presentations to customers
* Provides support to Marketing in the development of sales collaterals
* Establishes Failure mode analysis for design improvements
* Represents Madison as a member of Industry Standards Committees
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* Engineering degree required, minimum BSEE, prefer MSEE.
* Minimum of 2 years electronic cable design experience and a BSEE or no cable design experience but with an advanced engineering degree (i.e. Master s Degree in Electrical Engineering).
* Complete knowledge of electronic cable design, including materials, performance characteristics, safety standards, and typical customer requirements
* Knowledge of engineering software. CAD experience desirable
* Routine customer contact requires good written and verbal communication skills