Development Engineering Manager 8/11/2016
Menlo Park, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At this client, they are solving hard technical problems, have great mentorship, and have an amazing engineering-driven culture. Engineering is a team ofextraordinary Computer Science problem-solvers who don't just code: they drive end-to-end product strategy and delivery. The team includes the inventors and architects of the VMware platform, ZFS, DTrace, Oracle RAC, DataGuard, and Flashback. Engineers are empowered to fundamentally drive the future of the company. They've built a culture where everyone voices good ideas and feels a sense of ownership over what the team builds. Engineers have the freedom to identify customer problems, articulate solutions, and drive end-to-end execution of projects and strategy.
This team is built to mentor and support engineers in their growth as innovators and leaders. Processes and leaders help others find and establish ownership of new projects, technical areas, and key product strategies. Delphix engineers are passionate in their pursuit of new opportunities to learn and grow and relish the opportunity to share their knowledge and experience with others.
* Build great engineering teams by on-boarding and mentoring both experienced and recent graduateengineers
* Evaluate and develop long-term career path of engineers to improvetheir impact and growth
* Align individual interest with business needs and goals
* Foster a strong engineering culture
* Clear and candid communicator
* Anticipate needs and challenges of individuals, and team
* Experience evaluating impact and value of individuals, and team
* Experience guiding team to set goals aligned with their individual potential, their interests, and organizational skills
* Self motivated, and eager to make an impact to all levels to product and business strategy
* Experience in focusing on both the technical contributions as well as personal growth and career advancement
* A strong foundation in data structures and algorithms, and concurrent programming
* Experience building Java enterprise/web software
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Succes working in a truly full-stack environment, building both foundational code and front-end elements