Development Manager - Website & Applications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt thyssenkrupp we have more than 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of 43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
We strive to make cities the best ever places to live, by advancing an industry that moves over 1 billion people each day. We are transforming our business by driving the industry norm and challenging ourselves, fostering a culture of internal and external collaboration, and building on our unique engineering capabilities to optimize existing and create new products and solutions for our customers that cater to real mobility needs. thyssenkrupp Elevator brings together the Group's global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of 7.2 billion euros in fiscal 2014/2015 and customers in 150 countries, thyssenkrupp Elevator built its position as one of the world's leading elevator companies from scratch in a mere 40 years' time applying thyssenkrupp unique engineering capabilities. With more than 50,000 highly skilled employees, the company offers smart and innovative products and services designed to meet customers' individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. Over 900 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.'
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 15,500 employees, in over 230 branch and service locations. thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America. It is a subsidiary of thyssenkrupp Elevator AG.
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is currently seeking an experienced Development Manager - Website & Applications to join our world class team in Frisco, TX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Build and manage a team of technical experts including responsibility for hiring, performance management and compensation management
* Coach and counsel the team to facilitate the growth and effectiveness of both the group and its individuals
* Manage and coordinate the planning, design, scoping, analysis, coding implementation, and support of the thyssenkrupp website and various internal and customer applications
* Ensure consistency and stability of the website and existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards and procedures for implementing technical solutions
* Coordinates activities of the development team with department Project Manager and Business Analysts to ensure that all requirements are met
* Motivation, collaboration, mentoring, encouragement, enthusiasm, and creativity are highly valued
* Ability to articulate and present different technical concepts to non-technical audiences
* Flexible in adjusting to changes to goals and priorities. Able to determine and work to priorities according to company requirements
* Experience with web analytics like Google Analytics
* Project management knowledge of agile methodologies
* Able to lead complex technical discussions with developers, building consensus, and creating action plans
* Experience building and managing large-scale websites
* Extensive knowledge of the latest front-end/back-end web technology trends
* Expert level experience in C# object-oriented programming concepts
* Expert knowledge with front-end optimization techniques
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field/Equivalent work experience, MBA or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering a plus
* 10+ years relevant work experience in website and application development
* 3+ years of leadership experience
* Knowledge of software development best practices
* Knowledge of SQL databases and web technologies
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website:
thyssenkrupp Elevator Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.