Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships
The Development Officer will focus on generating participants in Jimmy Fund programs, concentrating on specific events and programs during focused periods of the year. S/he will also reach out to individuals, corporations and school and youth to increase fundraising and participation and facilitate sign-ups for specific events and programs.
This position is a great opportunity for exposure to a variety of programs and to make a significant impact on fundraising efforts while further developing outreach and sales skills.
Embody Dana-Farber s Core Values: Impact; Excellence; Compassion & Respect; and Discovery every day. Add value to the Dana-Farber community by seeking opportunities to collaborate across the Institute. Foster an ethical, positive, results-oriented culture founded on open communication.
Responsible for assisting the entire Division with reaching financial goals.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recruitment to increase participation in Rally for the Jimmy Fund, Jimmy Fund FitFest, School and Youth Fundraising initiatives, Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk, Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund Holiday Greetings and other programs as assigned. Generate $500,000 minimum annually with goal of retaining recruited participants
* Direct outreach (phone, and mail) to participants in following programs during the following times
* Rally for the Jimmy Fund (January March)
* Jimmy Fund Fit Fest (April)
* School and Youth Recruitment (May, September, October) - students, teachers, school officials, parent groups
* Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk (June September)
* Holiday Greetings Program (November, December)
* Conduct minimum of 50 daily recruitment and follow-up phone calls/emails
* Work with Assistant Directors of the Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk, Special Events and Corporate Partnerships on program participation recruitment, ensuring all appropriate opportunities are presented and assisting with completion of registrations/purchases
* Route team follow-up to appropriate staff for donor visits, team coaching and stewardship
* Recruit youth teams to participate in appropriate events and programs
* Collaborate on development of prospect pool of youth fundraisers and key stakeholders (family members, educational leaders)
Reports to Assistant Vice President of Corporate Partnerships with dotted lines to Assistant Directors of Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk, Corporate Partnerships and Special Events.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor s degree required. 2-3 years of professional fundraising, annual giving, and/or direct sales/telemarketing experience. Ability to secure visits with donors and engage donors in multiple activities. Direct solicitation experience. Ability to work with multiple internal units and to represent multiple activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Quality work with donors and volunteers; excellent communication and human relations skills; strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail. Must be able to juggle many projects simultaneously and be a highly motivated self-starter. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products necessary.
Workstation located in typical office setting. Some overtime required.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.