Development Operations / QA 9/3/2016
Major Financial Firm
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * LOOKING FOR A QA PERSON WHO IS VERY HANDS ON WITH REGRESSION TESTING AND SCRIPTING. SOMEONE THAT CAN BUILD A DATEWAREHOUSE!
* MUST HAVE SHELL SCRIPTING OR ANY SCRIPTING LANGUAGES! STRONG EXPERIENCE WITH TESTING, AUTOMATIC TESTING, BLACKBOX, ETC. WILL EVENTUALLY BECOME A DEVELOPER OR MANAGER OF THE GROUP! EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY!
As a Software Development Operations professional on the Quality Assurance (QA) IT team you will be asked to participate in initiatives that are critical to the success of the DevOps/QA team. You will be part of a Capital Markets and Securities organization that reflects the needs, values and goals of our clients, counterparties and parent bank. Your area provides quality assurance, support for the software development lifecycle, deployment, build integration, and operations support and testing. As an integral part of this dynamic and progressive team, you will work under the direct supervision of a Sr. Vice President in our IT group as you verify software and ensure a high level of quality for software releases or changes to exising applications.
The company's business lines focus on OTC Derivatives (primarily Rates and Commodities), FX and Securities trading and underwriting. This poition will be responsible for source control, build system, log monitoring, scripting, test automation, and operations support for the Capital Markets Development team.
* 2-5 yrs experience in working in a collaborative Development and QA environment.
* Working knowledge of software development source control, build, debugging, deployment, log monitoring, scripting and software testing.
* Experience with full software development life cycle, familiarity with SQL databases, documentation and technical writing.
* Formal exposure and work experience in a QA test environment in support of bank and/or investment company Systems groups.
* Requires a quick learner, good relationship skills to in order to intermediate between User Groups and Development organizations.
* Good time management skills.
* Fluent in MS Office environment, including MS Visio and Project with very good writing and communication skills.
* Also requires ability to work well within various levels and departments of the bank organization: a good team player