This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
March of Dimes
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
Full Time Regular
The Development Specialist is responsible for coordinating and executing cost-effective fundraising events in order to meet fundraising objectives of the March of Dimes in the assigned market. The position acts as a liaison between the March of Dimes and the community by recruiting volunteer and corporate participation in fundraising activities.
Principle roles and responsibilities include revenue development and volunteer leadership development.
* Identify prospects, research, and analyze sales options in order to identify business opportunities for designated area of responsibility. Develop relationships with constituents, referral partners or existing volunteer leaders in order to obtain introduction to prospective constituents.
* Develop and present sales presentations in order to educate and inform top level constituents or prospects.
* Accurately sense when and how to follow up and to advance from initial call to the final decision.
* Identify, recruit and train qualified candidates for volunteer roles for all event committees within the designated area of responsibility. Manage fundraising volunteers for designated fundraising events.
* Work with volunteer committees to effectively manage the execution of all assigned fundraising events, including fundraising and logistics. Be the lead staff for data management, systems management, report generation, etc. for fundraising events and donors.
* Adhere to all event budgets, adjust and control expenditures.
* Communicate the mission of the March of Dimes with staff, volunteers and within the community in order to connect current and prospective donors with Mission outcomes.
* Perform other related duties from time-to-time in order to ensure the attainment of market financial goals.
* Represent the March of Dimes with other professionals and volunteers both internally and externally. Contacts are critical to motivating, negotiation with, developing and collaborating with others.
* Decisions or decisions this position leads in making, may have important consequences and may directly impact the fundraising success of the market.
* Previous Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising and event execution.
* Education: Bachelor s degree strongly preferred and/or directly related professional skills and experience
* Physical Demands: May involve lifting and carrying boxes; may involve traveling by car or plane to meetings and training.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided here.