Diesel Mechanic III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 3/2/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform every job right the first time in order to maintain and exceed customer expectations and prevent unnecessary service calls in the field.
* Keep available equipment in good working order and in presentable condition.
* Maintain a positive and professional image of Sunbelt Rentals
* Service equipment correctly on the first attempt as required to ensure proper working condition when leaving the shop.
* Fabricate parts and equipment as required to meet shop and customer needs.
* Assists other mechanics with loading and unloading of equipment as needed
* Assists other mechanics with repairs and maintenance of equipment as needed
* May diagnose simple mechanical equipment problems
* Perform safety inspections on equipment and maintains a clean and safe work environment.
* Meet all company, governmental and equipment-specific safety requirements
* Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor
DIESEL MECHANIC QUALIFICATIONS
* 1 to 2 years experience with similar equipment strongly preferred
* Ability to effectively and safely use mechanic s tools and equipment to diagnose and trouble shoot complex equipment problems
* Ability to communicate equipment issues and understand job assignments
* Ability to prioritize work assignments
* Personal and professional integrity
* Exhibit a clear understanding of the necessity of equipment safety
* Flexibility regarding work assignments
* Must be physically able to work in a job site environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, and reaching
* Some Trade school desired