This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Advanced Disposal Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
Mechanics perform repairs and preventive maintenance on Trucks and Dumpsters. The preventive maintenance may involve assembly, disassembly, and/or repair of lubrication systems, cooling systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, brakes, suspension systems and exhaust systems
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
* Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery
* Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and reassemble equipment
* Raise trucks or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists
* Test drive trucks to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
* Inspect, test and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, charts and pressure gauges
* Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts and specified safety devices
* Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications
* Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine
* May drive forklift or other powered industrial truck
* May lift a tire and a rim onto mounting mechanism to mount tire onto rim
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
O Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other related state and federal regulations
O Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of the organization, and communicate with customers and external vendors
O Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
O Must meet all regulatory requirements to operate trucks and other equipment used
Education: High School Diploma, GED and equivalent work experience
Years of Experience: Two years of vehicle/hydraulic maintenance or welding experience demonstrating progressive levels of skill attained
Equipment/Tools Used: Hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, precision instruments. Power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment and jacks, torch and hoists
Protective Clothing & Equipment Used: Steel-toe boots, gloves, goggles, ear plugs and overalls
Special Skills, Education or Licensure Required: Experience in heavy diesel repair; CDL Class B license
Certified to operate forklift
O Mechanics are exposed to the following conditions:
O Slippery floors due to oil and grease spills
O Cramped conditions under trucks and in truck compartments
O Petroleum products and solvents
O Hot temperatures from engines and coolant systems
O Vibration from powered hand tools
O Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
O May be exposed to solvents and chemicals, and refuse in trucks.
O Other risks associated with working around machines, tools and trucks.
Typical Physical Demands:
O Ability to operate trucks and other equipment used as needed
O Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management
O Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation
O Ability to climb ladders, bend or stand for long periods of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled