Diesel Technician (Req #16-350)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 3/29/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSAN FRANCISCO: DIESEL TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: 400 Cesar Chavez St, San Francisco, CA 94124
TO APPLY: VISIT THE TEC JOB CENTER (www.tecequipment.com/careers/) AND FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS.
TEC Equipment, the west s premier, multi-point, full-service, medium and heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership is a growing company with over 1,160 employees in 24 locations throughout Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, and California). We are seeking a Diesel Technician for our San Francisco, CA dealership.
We offer in-house advanced-training opportunities and seek people who are customer-focused and demonstrate the ability to learn and apply new knowledge. At TEC Equipment, our people are our most important asset. We offer a family-oriented environment and competitive pay with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
* Health Insurance
* Life and Accident Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
* Paid Time Off
* Educational Assistance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
* Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identify worn and damaged parts; repair or replace parts as needed.
* Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems.
* Contain costs by following warranty guidelines and evaluating parts and service options.
* Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
* Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance, and calling for repairs.
* Follow all state and federal vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards; follow company policies, procedures, and safety and EPA regulations. Must use all safety equipment necessary for the job.
* Maintain vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting before it is returned to the customer.
* Maintain current knowledge of job and technical skills by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical and regulation publications.
* Minimum 1 year practical experience; must demonstrate proficiency in the repair of: Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, Electrical systems, HVAC systems, steering systems, and brakes.
* Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records and diagnosis equipment
* Ability to lift up to 50lbs with or without assistance
* Minimum 18 years of age
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving are contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records..