Diesel Technician (Req #16-345)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
Sun Valley, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUN VALLEY: DIESEL TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: 11180 Penrose St, Sun Valley, CA 91352
TEC Equipment, the west s premier, multi-point, full-service, heavy-duty truck dealership based in Portland, OR is a growing company with over 1,150 employees in 25 locations (Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Nevada, and California). We are seeking a Diesel Technician for our Sun Valley, CA dealership.
We offer in-house advanced-training opportunities (we provide certification in-house for Volvo and Mack) and seek people who are customer-focused and demonstrate the ability to learn and apply new knowledge. We are a family-oriented business and offer competitive pay with benefits for qualified candidates with experience. At TEC Equipment, our people are our most important asset.
* Perform parts, components, systems and machine inspections to determine operational discrepancies.
* Identify the problem and cause of failure through troubleshooting steps. Repair or replace parts as needed.
* Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems.
* Identify and maintain vehicle records and warranty repairs by documenting services.
* Perform routine and preventive maintenance.
* Clean truck of all grease and footprints before it is returned to customer.
* Dispose of failed parts, fluids and other waste in a manner that is considerate of the environment.
* Follow all company policies, procedures, and safety and EPA regulations. Must use all safety equipment necessary for the job.
* Practical experience; must demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of Engines, Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches and drive shafts, Electrical systems, HVAC systems, steering systems, brakes.
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to lift up to 50lbs without assistance
* Minimum 18 years of age
* Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check
Visit our careers page at (www.tecequipment.com/about-us/careers/) and follow the application instructions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law..