This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Avamere Family of Companies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Opening New Facility November 2016!
Certified Dietary Manager
Full-time Day Shift Available!
Avamere Transitional Care of Puget Sound
630 S Pearl Street
Tacoma, WA 98465
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, organize, develop and direct the Dietary department to assure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis.
* Develop a written dietary plan of care for each resident, including goals or modifications, and participate in resident MDS to ensure their dietary needs are met.
* Plan, prepare and operate under the Food Services Department s budget.
* Make daily rounds of food services personnel and to ensure that procedures are being followed.
* Manage the daily setup, preparation, delivery and food service.
* Serve meals that are palatable, appetizing in appearance and in accordance with established portion control procedures, on a timely basis.
* Oversee daily cleaning duties including sweeping, mopping, dishwashing, etc.
* Certified Dietary Manager or Registered Food Service Director.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* 3 - 5 years experience in a dietary management role in a healthcare setting required.
* Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
* Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
OR: Overall Supervisions of the dietary service shall be assigned to a full time dietary service director who is a registered dietician or is a graduate of a dietetic technician training program (correspondence or classroom) approved by the American Dietetic Association or dietary management training approved by the American Dietary Manager Association.
WA: The nursing home must have sufficient support personnel capable of carrying out the functions of dietary services and must:
-If a qualified dietitian is not employed full-time as the food service manager the nursing home must employ a food service manager to serve as the director of food service.
-The food service manager means:
An individual who is a qualified dietitian; or An individual who has completed a dietetic technician or dietetic assistant training program, correspondence or classroom, approved by the American Dietetic Association/Dietary Manager Association
ID: Being a certified food protection manager who was shown proficient of required information through passing a test that is part of an accredited program.
CO: The administrator shall designate a dietician or person qualified by training and experience to be responsible for the dietary services Least stringent as does not specify so ok until CMS updates are implemented in September.
The Avamere Family of Companies takes a holistic approach to post-acute care. We have designed a service that combines all of healthcare companies and healthcare professionals tied by the common goal of providing seamless care and support for all of our patients.
Avamere Transitional Care of Puget Sound is a brand new state of the art 60 bed short term stay rehab facility that offers first class physical, occupational and speech therapy seven days a week with quality outcomes. This facility offers 56 private rooms and 2 shared suites. We are currently seeking top notch talent to join our all-star team of interdisciplinary professionals.