Dietician / Home Health - PRN - ReqCode 1058611
Unique Opportunity for a Dietician/Nutritionist with a Home Health Leader - Become A Senior Advocate! Patient Care is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity. Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. Receive courses to advance your skills as a geriatric specialist. You will also enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
POSITION SUMMARY: The dietitian evaluates the patient's nutritional needs, develops and implements a plan of care to meet these needs, in compliance with all Federal, state, local and JCAHO standards, rules and regulations.
1. Must be a Registered Dietician (RD) with a Bachelors or advanced degree from an accredited institution.
2. Completion of dietetic internship or similar hospital or public health experience is required.
3. Must have computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and web-based applications.
1. Evaluates patient's nutritional needs as related to medical and socioeconomic status, home and family resources, and prepares an individualized plan of care.
2. Identifies patient's dietary needs and develops long and short term goals to meet those needs. Records pertinent information in the patient's medical record.
3. Applies dietary procedures to achieve identified goals.
4. Observes records and reports to the physician/dentist and agency personnel the patient's reaction to treatment and any changes in the patient's condition as needed.
5. Functions in accordance with a diet prescribed by the physician.
6. Instructs other health team personnel and family members regarding nutrition services.
7. Participates in the planning and development of staff in-service education programs if requested.
8. Develops effective teaching aids for patients.
9. Maintains necessary records; adequately documents all nutritional services and patient response through clinical and progress notes.
10. Utilizes a currently approved Manual of Clinical Dietetics.
11. Establishes in-service education for health care providers regarding nutrition and ongoing orientation for visiting nurses as requested.
12. Supports the principles of the Corporate Compliance Program, attends orientation and in-service updates.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Benefits: Almost Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life and Accidental Death Insurance
* Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
* Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
* 401-k Retirement Plan
If you have a passion for seniors, a special place awaits you on our Senior Advocacy Team!