Digital Circuit Design Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
This position will design digital and some mixed-signal control and monitoring circuitry necessary to implement state-of-the-art AC and DC power and frequency converters. This position will coordinate design and requirements with other team members so all parts of the system work together optimally. The products range from 3.5 to 250kVA and involve 3-phase power from 40 to 800Hz.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates digital circuits for high-power industrial frequency/power converters.
* Requirements capture and definition, component selection, schematic capture, board layout, analysis, simulation, verification, testing, design review preparation, and participation.
* Analyzes product and military specifications to ensure product compliance.
* Participates in systems integration, debug and test at the product level.
* Works closely with softwareengineers to enable them to develop operating software and firmware for the board designs.
* Works closely with analog power design engineers to integrate the control and monitoring circuitry with the power circuitry.
* Writes and releases board documentation.
* Stays up to date with the latest devices, technologies, and design techniques.
* Provides technical and schedule updates to management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* A degree in Electronic/Electrical engineering or equivalent with at least 5 years' proven work experience in digital circuit design
* Digital and some mixed-signal circuit design, component selection, firmware integration, and debug skills required
* BSEE with 5+ years directly related experience
* Experience in designs involving power conversion preferred
* Must have minimum of 5 years' proven work experience in digital circuit design
* Experience in board level designs that include FPGA, CPLD, DSP, and micro-controllers
* Proven design skills in product development environment
* Ability to meet schedule milestones
* Ability to read, interpret, understand, and comply with military, product, customer, and industry specifications
* Experience with OrCAD and PADS preferred
* Experience with FPGA software and SPICE simulation
* Knowledge of computer programming languages
* Work independently and as part of a team