Digital Content Producer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription COX MEDIA GROUP AND WPXI are seeking an experienced DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER To join their team!
Digital Content Producer for WPXI produces and maintains content for WPXI.com and related digital platforms -- mobile sites, apps and social media pages -- with the goal of building an audience of loyal, local visitors.
* Write and adapt broadcast television material for digital, working closely with WPXI's news department to ensure continuity with Channel 11 News coverage.
* Create significant, original, locally focused stories for WPXI's digital platforms -- this content, in some cases, will be gathered and/or produced from the field.
* Create engaging content on Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites that draw eyeballs to digital and to television.
* Participate in the creative development, technical implementation and curation of online content for the website and related digital platforms.
* Work collaboratively with other newsroom personnel, marketing, programming and sales departments to seamlessly syndicate content, growing audience engagement and interaction on television and online.
* A minimum of 3 years combined professional experience in web/social media, print or broadcast journalism is required.
* A degree in journalism or related field is also preferred.
* Serious candidates should have a strong writing background with knowledge of Associated Press style and a proven track record with content management systems, Facebook, Twitter, other social media platforms, analytics, non-linear video editing and basic HTML.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmedia.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-PA-Pittsburgh-4145 Evergreen Rd
Job Level:Individual Contributor