Digital Design Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDigital Design InternJob ID:
Digital Design Intern - Clifton, NJ Job Code:
ES20160109-13900 Job Description:* Conducts research, design, development, and testing of digital processing hardware such as computer chips (ASIC, CPLD, FPGA), circuit boards, computer systems, and electrical components.* Designs new or modifies existing products, develops technical specifications for production, analyzes hardware configuration and processing solutions, and tests hardware conformance to specifications.* Design test equipment and write testing procedures for specific products or programs to ensure adherence to specifications at minimum testing cost.* Generate software for automatic equipment.
* Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope by following standardized practices and procedures.* Limited use and/or application of basic technical principles, theories, and concepts to specific job assignments.* Contributes to the completion of routine technical tasks. Failure to achieve results can normally be overcome without serious effect on schedules and programs.
* Work is closely supervised. Follows specific, detailed instructions and/or guidance from more senior functional staff. Qualifications:* Must be enrolled in an Engineering program at an accredited college or university.
* Prior internship experience in a similar capacity required.
* Knowledge of Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) devices.* Knowledge of electronics, CAD and moderately complex software and procedures.* Knowledge of design and application of test equipment, test methods, and procedures.
* Basic computer and software preparation experience.* Strong verbal and written communication skills.* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, under frequently changing priorities.* Candidate must have hardware debugging skills. Preferred Additional Skills:* Familiarity with the operation of Signal Generator, Logic Analyzer, Digital Oscilloscope, JTAG and Imbedded FPGA debugging tools. This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Engineering Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Co-op/Intern Location USA - NJ - Clifton .