This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
The Digital Director is a unique, dual-purpose role responsible for all Digital, eCommerce, and Marketing functions within the IT organization. The Digital Director is responsible first and foremost for driving and implementing the company's Digital Strategy. Working with IT, business partners, stakeholders and leaders, the Digital Director will develop the vision for enhancing Motorola Solutions' digital ecosystem
- providing a better experience for customers, making it easier for them to do business with us and enabling us to grow. This person is passionate about Digital Innovation, has relevant experience developing and implementing Digital Strategies in a B2B environment, and has expertise in leading large Digital Transformation programs globally.
The Digital Director will lead the evolution of Motorola Solutions' customer-centric culture that focuses on enabling seamless data-driven experiences placing customer experience at the forefront of all digital solutions. This person has deep understanding and demonstrated ability in creating value using digital solutions spanning web/mobile/social/eCommerce platforms. The Digital Director is a subject matter expert, bringing a keen awareness of current industry and domain trends to define innovative approaches, conceptual prototypes, transformation road maps and new digital business models. The Digital Director will provide an industry point of view for enterprise digital solutions, showcasing the strategy and road map to senior leadership inside and outside the IT organization.
In supporting the Marketing function, the Digital Director also plays a Business Relationship Manager (BRM) role and is expected to build strategic relationships across all levels of the relevant business units as a trusted advisor and confidant. The Digital Director works closely with Sales, Marketing and IT teams to ensure digital solutions enable multi-channel customer experiences. The Digital Director must establish strong relationships, alignment and sponsorship for all digital marketing and eCommerce efforts across the enterprise.
The Digital Director will work with the IT leadership team to create and implement strategies for integrating IT architecture, infrastructure and application development in support of the Marketing business. As IT's internal consultant and single point of contact with the Marketing business, the Digital Director is responsible for maintaining a high level of satisfaction in IT systems and services. The Digital Director will identify opportunities for IT to lead the transformation of the Marketing business through creative or innovative idea generation, strategic incubation, prototyping of new solutions and/or subject matter expertise in digital technology such as Cloud, Mobile, Big Data and Analytics.
* Lead cross-functional collaboration in the development of the strategy and deployment of all digital and online enhancements for improving the customer experience across all touch points (Direct and Channel) delivering a seamless user experience. This includes defining and maintaining the road map for business and technical requirements and reducing the number of portals to one unified experience for our customers.
* Develop metrics to measure the success of features, ensure implementation, analyze results, and partner with peers to develop recommendations for continually enhancing features to drive further business needs.
* Work with cross-functional partners to prioritize features and enhancements with financial results focus, considering long term cost of ownership.
Identify and manage all vendor relationships (e.g. Adobe) and act as a liaison between the IT department and outside vendors for development and maintenance of online initiatives.
* Establish and manage SLAs related to website, application performance and availability across all environments.
* Monitor analytics and reports to identify, recommend and implement optimizations and enhancements to systems.
* Conduct market research, perform competitive analysis and develop business cases for site features, team processes and new offerings.
* Develop and manage budget for specified area of responsibility and be accountable for delivering against established business goals and objectives.
* Provide thought leadership for all eCommerce initiatives, leveraging industry best practices, bench marking and trends.
* Coordinate and lead the delivery of IT programs by internal and external service providers on behalf of the Marketing organization.
* Track the status of IT operational requests submitted by the marketing teams, report the status to stakeholders, and facilitate prioritization-based discussions within the IT organization.
* Participate and lead project meetings to ensure understanding of requirements, timing, and resource requirements..
* Participate and lead management meetings to ensure understanding of road maps, priorities, schedules, organizational constraints, etc.
* Lead business readiness and deployment activities for new IT launches and deployments.
* Understand current and projected supply and demand budget and resources within the corporate-wide IT environment, facilitate project scheduling/completion discussions and manage expectations.
* Drive results across a broad spectrum of requests, daily ad-hoc issues, tactical projects and strategic initiatives.
* Understand Sales and Marketing business strategy, identify critical factors to business success and operational effectiveness, and translate for incorporation within the IT strategic and capability plan and road map. Advocate the business-enabled IT strategy to business partners.
* Ensure consistent communication regarding IT activities and deliverables to all business stakeholders.
* Maintain detailed knowledge of the key Sales and Marketing business processes and systems and identify integration, alignment and improvement opportunities.
* Act as a change management agent to support business alignment with global automated business processes.
* Mobilize IT and business resources to contribute to project objectives, process improvements and compliance.
* Actively lead Steering Committee/project status meetings and facilitate major scope changes with IT and Business stakeholders as needed.
* Act as a Services Delivery Manager in the development and execution of internal IT project delivery methodologies.
* Partner with key users community to avoid discrepancies in perception and communication between user communities, regional management and global resources.
* Monitor, report and review Service Level Performance within IT and the Business.
Develop and maintain relationships with business partners at different levels (executives, middle-management, Key Users) to develop, align, prioritize and set expectations for initiatives.
* Escalate IT-related issues to support organization to ensure service satisfaction and sustain operations.
* Manage the relationship and performance of IT vendors, deliverable, and contracts.
* Plan and manage the IT OPEX and CAPEX for the Marketing business assigned.
* Manage opportunities and risks.
Ensure compliance to IT financial processes, procurement and contract management processes.
* Champion IT to the business and communicate marketing business strategy effectively and regularly to key IT stakeholders.
* 10+ years of IT-related experience, with most of those years working in a corporate IT digital, marketing, or eCommerce delivery organization,
* Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, management information systems, engineering, or related field, or equivalent work experience. MBA or graduate school experience desired.
* Experience in product development or product management with a mix of technical, project and product background.
* A proven history of launching successful, large-scale eCommerce sites or