Digital Laboratory Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
University of California - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
MUSEUM SCIENTIST, SENIOR
Digital Laboratory Officer
0461-FILM & TV ARCHIVE
Department Website URL:
Job Summary Statement:
Under the direct supervision of Director of Film & TV Archive, the Digital Laboratory Officer is responsible for ongoing operations in the Archive's digital laboratory, including the initiation of new services and the expansion of production capacity. Incumbent coordinates the Archive's digital projects provides management and leadership to the Digital Laboratory staff and works collaboratively with UCLA Archive staff, management, University clients, and IT support.
The incumbent will coordinate and provide administrative, analytical and technical support to the Director to facilitate the growth of the Archive's digital realm, working closely with departmental colleagues to initiate digital projects and create strategic partnerships to promote the Archive's digital collections.
The incumbent is further responsible for ensuring the standardization o f workflows and file formats; oversee the creation and maintenance of Archive's digital assets; operate digital scanners to create files from analog film elements, edit footage from digital cameras, utilizing digital editing software, and manage the transfer of digital data to various formats.
Responsible for Digital Lab administration and management functions, including staff supervision and training, control of workflow. Assist Chief Financial and Chief Administrative Officer for monitoring of expenses, reporting and record keeping, maintenance of facilities and equipment. Assist Director in planning and initiating new and expanded digital lab services to increase both capabilities and productivity.
Percentage of Time:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
1. Working knowledge of the Archive policies, procedures and mission.
2. Ability to independently remain up-to-date with hardware and software used for digital delivery, video restoration, and digital asset management.
3. Ability to operate desktop computer, and software including: Microsoft Access, File Maker Pro, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet Explorer, Final Cut Studio, and other programs as needed
4. Ability to establish and maintain record-keeping systems, and document workflows.
5. Skill in working individually with minimal supervision.
6. Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner.
7. Working knowledge of the technologies required for the successful
development of digital scanning, and production of digital files. Required
8. Ability to lead cross-functional teams and build strategic partnerships.
9. Ability to oversee project schedules and scope on time and on budget.
10. Strong critical skills and problem solving abilities. Demonstrated ability to
manage projects and initiatives. Required
11. Physically tape and splice scenes together through a light box, use a hand-operated film machine, such as Steenbeck or Moviola, to view their physical edits of the film
12. Initiate digital projects and creating strategic partnerships to promote the
Archive's digital collections. Required
13. Coordinate and provide administrative, analytical and technical support to the Director to facilitate the growth of the Archive's presence in the digital realm
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION
RX-Research Support Professionals
External Posting Date:
Quicklink To Posting:
This is a contract position for 18 or less months only
Number of Positions:
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT DESIGNATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS PER UC POLICY
Conflict of Interest:
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information No Response
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA* Yes - Please have the employee sign the "Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse".
Other Special Employment Requirements:
POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY WIDE POLICE POLICIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES.
Return to Search Results