Digital Platform Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160817-8116-GW
Company Name: ISO
If you re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. We re a thriving public company with solid revenue growth and earnings and offices worldwide. And we re continually looking for ways to augment our existing markets and expand into new markets with excellent growth potential. At Verisk, you ll be part of an organization that s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
We are looking for a Digital Platform Director to join our team and be tasked with guiding matrixed teams that are charged with building, enhancing and maintaining product platforms supporting multiple products and lines of business in our Jersey City office. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the business. You will build platform features from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market and product lines to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
* Develop and manage strategic direction and roadmap of client portal and digital platform, in collaboration with stakeholders
* Manage together with PMO overall delivery of developments, including managing deployments, prioritizing backlog, communications on releases and UAT
* Work closely with other product and platform managers, Analytics lead and UX/design team to ensure that the vision of an integrated user experience is realized
* Ensure proper communication on development roadmap with other Verisk businesses, sales force, marketing and other support functions
* Develop a group of client partners who provide ideas, feedback, and usability testing programmers to help with development
* Conduct significant client engagement to understand user workflows and support portal development
* Work closely with the user experience and design team on ensuring best practice design is incorporated
* Work closely with product owners in creating go to market strategy, roll out plans and appropriate bundling and monetization of offerings
* Provide leadership on virtual project teams to ensure that they are delivering on the platform vision and business case
* Work with other product managers and directors to improve the integration between data tools, models and written content.
* Measure product performance, working closely with the web analytics team to identify KPIs, success metrics and areas for growth
* Closely monitor the competitive landscape to understand the marketplace, technology, business models, and end-user trends
* Manage any full time support staffs who are working on product management or business analysis of mobile and portal platforms
* 7+ years of web product development and management experience
* Experience in online/digital media, technology and software monetization
* Proven track record of successfully guiding products through the lifecycle from conception to launch to evaluation
* Deep understanding of the web and usability best practices
* Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills
* Solid understanding of applying technology to solve business problems
* Strong Leadership and team building skills
* Experience working within agile product development teams
* Preferred experience with insurance products and customers
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and be a consensus builder
* Bachelor s or equivalent degree. Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experiences a strong plus.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.