Digital Product Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
This individual will work on the Airgas Web Operations Team and will be responsible for contributing to the development and delivery of Airgas' digital product strategies and roadmap. The candidate will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams (analytics, design, UX, technical, marketing and business development) to support the growth of Airgas.com, eMarkets (B2B) and mobile channels.
* Responsible for the Digital Product Management program including planning and execution of the Airgas digital properties and related platforms, and working with the Director of Web Operations on product roadmap.
* Responsible for gathering, specifying, prioritizing and documenting product requirements for mobile, Airgas.com and eMarkets platforms, including owning the documentation process (creation, communication, approval).
* Responsible for developing and documenting functional designs for the software, gathering the appropriate approvals, and reviewing them with the software development team.
* Responsible for managing the development of site user documentation.
* Responsible for conducting and communicating company, market and competitor analysis to support program goals.
* Responsible for working with the business owners and technical teams to facilitate defect management and prioritization as well as customer technical support for the digital properties.
* Responsible for ensuring that all necessary user acceptance, performance, and post production testing is conducted and documented in accordance with Airgas test guidelines.
* Create and/or maintain relationships with web platform software vendors including coordinating necessary training with those vendors in conjunction with the Digital Channel lead.
* Verify timelines, status, dependencies, and roadblocks across multiple projects on rapid timelines.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* College degree in Computer Science or related fields
* Solid working knowledge of software development processes
* Strong understanding of Airgas' business or related business
* Experience at major consulting shop preferred
* Should have ability to professionally manage multiple demands for time and resources.
* Should be able to communicate with other business and technical teams in a clear and precise manner.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Proven Leadership and success in a navigating and managing people and process, strategies, reporting, and objectives in matrix environment/culture
Must demonstrate the problem solving, decision-making and leadership skills and maturity requisite for success in a responsibility of this size and complexity. Must reveal manager-level acumen, creativity, and strategic agility. Must fit into the Airgas culture, particularly: putting safety first, accepting and implementing distributed responsibility, respecting the dignity of one another, acting with ethics and integrity, confronting problems, being open to ideas, and managing with an eye towards longer-term success.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enables individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to talk, hear, and walk sit: use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
* Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and is an office setting.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability