Digital Relationship Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Baker & Taylor Inc.
Manage customer relationship for Baker & Taylor digital products and services. Oversee digital platform implementation to ensure a positive customer experience. Provide digital sales, merchandising and analytic support for customers to optimize digital platform and collection performance, maximize circulation and promote digital products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (The following statements describe the general nature of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by management):
* Manage the customer relationship for digital products and services from the end of the sales cycle through implementation, maintaining long term relationships with identified customers.
* Manage customer implementation projects in a fast-paced environment.
* Facilitate an implementation planning meeting with internal and external customers to gather all necessary information and to ensure the success of the implementation.
* Responsible for frequently reviewing project status with customer to ensure customer expectations and understanding of milestones necessary to complete the implementation.
* Facilitate a meeting with internal and external customers to consult with the customer in order to successfully launch the digital platform.
* Maintain customer relationship and develop plans to meet their needs. Activities could include:
Analyzing digital and physical product sales, circulation, holds and patron behavior for assigned L&E customers.
Presenting analyses results to customers with recommendations for improving platform usage and effectiveness.
Assisting customers with merchandising digital collections to maximize circulation.
Engaging technical support to facilitate the resolution of technical issues.
Working with Collection Management to recommend digital titles and selection lists to build new and enhance existing collections and complement print acquisitions.
* Maintain complete and up-to-date internal and external documentation.
* Report platform usage metrics to external customers, internal team members, Sales Executives and Management.
* Build and maintain relationships with Sales and all other departments.
* Meeting and exceeding customer satisfaction indicated in survey results.
* Serve as liaison between digital sales and support to communicate customer challenges and demands.
* Serve as subject matter experts to recommend enhancements to platform functionality, merchandising and support to increase customer satisfaction and sales potential.
* BA/BS degree in related business or field (Operations, Sales, Management, Marketing)
* 3 to 5 years related customer interfacing and analysis experience.
* Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, PowerPoint at intermediate or higher level.
* Experience with database management and reporting tools including Salesforce and Oracle Discoverer
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to conduct webinars, in-person presentations and prepare procedural documentation.
* Strong business acumen and ability to understand business problems and to form appropriate analyses
* Strong ability to interpret data and to make actionable business recommendations
* Ability to manage time and priorities while driving multiple projects at once.
This employer participates in E-Verify. Baker-Taylor will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are work authorized, Baker-Taylor is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employment here is based solely upon an individual's merit and qualifications directly related to the position. Baker & Taylor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, citizenship status, religion, national origin, sex, age, status as a Vietnam-era or disabled veteran, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, or disability. We make all reasonable accommodations to meet the obligations set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.