Dining Room Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Avamere Family of Companies
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Temporary Dining Room Manager: Laurelhurst Village
Work Schedule: Sunday through Thursday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
This is an approximately a 4-month temporary position
Please apply online at: www.teamavamere.com or in person at facility
3060 SE Stark St.
Portland, OR 97214
Working with the Head Chef, this position will assist the food service staff in the management of the dining rooms, interview residents and or family members as necessary to obtain diet history, assist with assessments, documentation, quality assurance and preparing menus for the following week.
* Prepares food items and serves food to Residents within scheduled time frame.
* Follows menu cycle, noting changes or substitutions made.
* Cleans and maintains food service areas, including kitchen and dining room.
* Assures compliance with state sanitation code.
* Orders all supplies and maintains inventory control. Verifies orders received, assuring needed goods are on hand. Ensures that all budgetary guidelines are achieved.
* Supervises food service functions.
* Maintains quality of food services, quantity prepared and sanitation of food preparation area
* Maintains clean, neat and safe working environment.
* Assures that Resident food needs and preferences are known.
* Assures staff, Resident and guest meals are accounted for daily.
* Maintains meal service records as required.
* Reports problems, concerns, issues observed with food service and communicates them appropriately.
* Observes changes in Resident status, needs or preferences and communicates them appropriately.
* Observes other problems and communicates them appropriately.
* Observes all work, safety and administrative rules.
* Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
* Records Resident information as required.
* Avoids loss, breakages and waste of supplies and equipment.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire, life safety, disaster, security, worker safety and other emergency procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Willingness to adhere to assisted living principles in providing services.
Ability/willingness to perform all position responsibilities adequately.
Ability to prepare and serve a wide range of foods skillfully.
Ability to perform and instruct others in food preparation, food serving and cleaning tasks.
Keeps all information confidential.
Displays cleanliness, good grooming, personal appearance and follows dress requirements consistently.
Displays mature behavior and attitude in speech and action.
Ability/willingness to learn new skills and to teach others.
Interacts in professional manner with Residents, public, co-workers. Works cooperatively with management. Displays willingness to assist co-workers when situation requires.
Ability to do occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), 30 lbs. regularly.
Adequate and clear English speaking and writing ability; able to communicate effectively.
Ability to spend long periods on feet and to ambulate quickly.
Is free of non-treated communicable disease.
CPR/First Aid Certified within 30 days of employment.
Ability to work safely and to recognize potentially dangerous situations.
Ability/willingness to follow all policies and procedures.
Is neat, accurate, dependable and keeps work/space clean
The Avamere Family of Companies takes a holistic approach to post-acute care. We have designed a service that combines all of healthcare companies and healthcare professionals tied by the common goal of providing seamless care and support for all of our patients.
Laurelhurst Village is a 179-bed skilled nursing facility and assisted living facility providing short-term therapeutic rehabilitation, outpatient therapy and respite care, as well as, long-term care. Laurelhurst Village community provides a full range of exceptional senior living and skilled care options designed to accommodate your lifestyle and enable you to get the most from your retirement years. We offer exceptional care, wellness programs and social activities in a family atmosphere to create a community you ll enjoy calling home. Laurelhurst Village is currently looking for top notch talent to join their all-star team.