Dining Services Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFull Time
Brookdale Willows Sherman 3410 Post Oak Crossing Sherman , TX 75092
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
* Direct food service operations within the community, including all food preparation, dining room operations and dining delivery services
* Purchase all food and manage inventories, ensuring effective cost controls and vendor service and quality
* Hire, train and manage all supervisory staff for the kitchen, dining room, catering and delivery services; ensure supervisors maintain a safe and sanitary environment
* Consult with chefs and cooks to develop and maintain pleasing and nutritious menus for residents
* Develop department budget, including purchasing and staffing expenditures
* Inspect all work, storage and serving areas, ensuring regulations governing food safety and sanitation are followed
Required skills and qualifications:
* Associate's degree in food service or hospitality management preferred
* One year food service industry experience, including supervisory experience
* Current ServSafe certification required; obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public
* Flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
If you're a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan. BR img src='http://career.staffingsoft.com/images/013-97-150371.aspx'