Dir - Commercial
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPurpose of role:
The purpose of this role is to undertake analysis and support commercial decision making in the market to drive sales, margin, transactions and long-term growth. The role is responsible for undertaking holistic forward sales and event planning, determining how to optimize local space, assortment, and core pricing, and inventory planning for the market. Responsible for driving core business KPI s
Support holistic commercial forward sales and event planning, working closely with Market Brand, including:
* Using analytics to determine an event calendar that will optimize across traffic, conversion, sales, margin, transactions, loyalty, and longer-term strategic/ brand growth in market
* Determining optimum promotional pricing, mechanics and levers through analysis and understanding of elasticity, cannibalization, competitive set, volume and traffic drivers
* Recommending event selection and timing in order to support longer-term market strategy whilst remaining responsive to tactical trading and competitor/consumer behavior
* Analyzing and maximizing return on investment for events (including advertising, GMROI yield, CRM, PR etc.)
* Working with International Commercial and Brand to gather, share and incorporate learnings and best practices from events and competitive environment
* Partnering with the Finance Team to input into forward budgeting, forecasting
Drive ongoing market sales and margin performance through the undertaking of analytics to determine optimal space allocation, assortment rationalisation, and effective core pricing within global guidelines including:
* Regularly benchmarking pricing, positioning and product ranges vs. a clearly defined and relevant competitor set
* Segmenting local consumers and understand and recognize unmet product needs and trends, working closely with Market Brand team.
* Analysing store-performance information and undertaking category analysis to identify margin and profitability opportunities
* Feeding back local consumer and competitor intelligence to International Commercial and Brand to drive global assortment and space plans
Be responsible for market inventory forecasting and planning including:
* Determining optimum stock levels, model stock and presentation quantities to maximise GMROI (balancing across on-shelf availability, store storage space, logistics costs/ delivery schedules, sell-through, write-offs, stock-turn targets and coverage cycles)
* Working with International Supply Chain to input into accurate supplier forecasting (NPD and core promotions)
* Ensuring optimum volume orders and maximum sell-through for one-time and seasonal buys
* Overseeing the store replenishment and allocation process ensuring timely stock on-shelf availability to agreed levels to support forecasted sales, working with Assistant Commercial Managers
* Responsible for effective transition planning related to managing discontinued inventory
* Responsible for the development and publication of accurate business plan documents in support of the Event Lock Down process.
* Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
* Responsible for maintaining the ethical standards of The Body Shop including minimizing the environmental, health and safety risks in the workplace. Report potential risks, near misses and real accidents to relevant managers.
* Merchandise and planning experience within a retail business
* Merchandise, forecasting and allocation systems
* 6 8 years in a specialty retail environment
* Strong merchandising analytical capabilities
* Educated at bachelor degree level.
* Advanced pc skills to include advanced Excel Skills
* Driving Results, Customer Service, Team Working, Communicating Effectively, Managing Change