Director Curricular Innovation & Prod Dev
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Virginia Beach, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Delivery of Instructional Design Content
* Development of strategic approaches for technology optimization and curricular innovation
* Implement new technologies to include adaptive learning, simulation and virtualization
* Maintains awareness of best practices, emerging technologies and new potentials in instructional technology that may be adopted as new and emerging instructional media, technologies, pedagogies, and practices
* Enhance teaching and learning outcomes through curricular innovation
* Design of instructional content to facilitate student learning outcomes and multiple methods of assessment.
* Review alignment of curriculum with external certifications and licensure where appropriate.
* Supervision of production staff
* Supervises a production staff comprised of Instructional Designers and others
* Maintains appropriate records and data to produce monthly performance reports, annual performance reports, and external reports as required.
Evaluation of program/ course effectiveness
* Facilitates processes that maintain quality and contribute to consistency and comparability of curriculum among residential, hybrid, and online delivery methods.
* Ensures that all courses meet quality requirements, budget projections, strategic initiatives and development timelines.
* Develop program for training/updating faculty on program and course updates and new developments
* Determines cyclical course development priority list including deadlines
* Assists the VPAA to provide University-wide coordination for the programs within the school.
* Ensures ongoing department compliance with state Department of Education regulations, accreditation criteria, and University policies.
* Participates as a standing member on all curriculum committee and other meetings as required.
* 3-5 years experience in designing and developing instructor-led, web-based, and digital media instruction
* A master s degree in education, instructional or educational technology or related field from an accredited college or university.
* Experience in providing pedagogical and technical consulting for the design, development, and implementation of instructional content at the management level.
* Experience of working effectively in a team with a customer service focus.
* Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum, program development, evaluation, and instructional design.
* Must be able to apply various instructional design approaches to learning content and to professionally design and implement engaging and effective teaching and learning strategies.
* Demonstrated organizational skills in handling, directing, and prioritizing multiple and complex assignments/projects and maintaining records.
* Demonstrated effective supervisory, interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to work independently with little direction.
* Ability to communicate effectively, define problems, collect data, draw valid conclusions, and present information to a variety of stakeholders