Director IT Security Operations Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
StanCorp Financial Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
Lead the IT Security Operations Center (SOC) to execute to a multi-year technology modernization plan.
Responsible for managing the work environment, identifying workforce needs and ensuring alignment with corporate manager expectations, values and vision.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Conducts reviews of threat analysis activities performed by other SOC staff members to identify trends for potential efficiency and potential gaps with services.
* Recommends courses of action based on analysis of both existing and emerging threats. Delivers reports, briefings, and assessments to leadership, facilitating understanding of cyber threat entities and environments.
* Provides oversight to incident response activities (triage, root cause analysis, escalations, notifications, communication, etc.) and develops strategies to contain and eradicate the incident, and recover operations effectively
* Provides technical investigative support to Legal, Human Resources, Fraud Investigations and any other stakeholders as required.
* Responsible for developing and delivering technology and process improvements for the SOC and the information security incident process.
* Perform integrated analysis that draws on an individual's insight, in addition to their ability to leverage technologies and techniques, to identify potential risks or business disruptions to The Standard.
* Partner with internal partners as well as external business partners and vendors to collect data and response to information security incidents.
* Work with the team to build appropriate training, exercises and partnerships to deliver consistent response capabilities.
* Manage a team of highly skilled security and IT professionals across multiple disciplines and with multiple vendors
* Keep team focused on addressing the top priorities
* Ensure timely delivery of security services
* Create partnerships with key stakeholders
* Provide open and timely communication with business units, vendors and partners
* Communicate with senior leadership on incidents, projects, priorities, and expectations
* Manage active and complicated work order queues with tactical and strategic objectives across multiple technologies.
* Manage complex and demanding security portfolio
* Design and achieve aggressive strategic goals
* Coordinate with internal and external audit entities to provide evidence for regulatory compliance.
* Ability to provide 24/7 on-call support and manage 24/7 on-call teams
* Hire qualified security professionals to support mainframe, midrange, and entitlement review objectives
* Performs other duties as required
* Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred. Focus in IT or Information Assurance
* Demonstrated experience managing resources responsible for the constant enrichment of security capabilities as it relates to cyber threat detection and response.
* Requires a minimum of 10 or more years of progressive experience with a focus on both business and management aspects of the job.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, please visit the URL: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf,