Dir - Safety & Emergency Mgmt-Admin Svs Bram Safety Office
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details:
* Summary of Position Description
Reporting to the Vice President of Patient Care Support Services, the Director, Safety & Emergency Management (Safety & EM) leads and directs all activities necessary for compliance including but not limited to: The Joint Commission through management of the Environment of Care (EOC), Emergency Management (EM) and Life Safety (LS) chapters. Similarly the position also creates and directs programs, training & education to assure compliance with all Federal, State and Local regulations in areas including but not limited to: radiation safety, chemical safety, biological safety, laser safety, occupational safety, hazardous waste, universal waste, emergency management and response, other applicable requirements of the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the National Incident Management System (NIMS), and OSHA, in order to maintain a safe environment and ensure the safe handling and economical disposal of hazardous chemical, radioactive, and biological wastes, etc. The Director will continually evaluate existing programs, policies and procedures in the areas of safety and emergency management to revise and/or develop and implement new policies and procedures to assure the facility s consistent and satisfactory compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing environmental health and to maintain safety of the environment and successful emergency management and response.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Bachelor s degree in a field related to environmental and/or occupational health and safety and/or science required OR a combination of at least 15 years of directly related experience may be considered in lieu of education.
* Master s degree preferred
* Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and Certified Healthcare Incident Command System (HICS) training preferred.
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP) required within 12 months of hire.
* A minimum of 15 years of experience with 10 years of directly related management experience required.
* Experience in a Healthcare environment preferred.
* A comprehensive working knowledge of Federal, State, County and Local laws and regulations including but not limited to: environmental health, industrial hygiene, life safety, emergency management, hazardous waste, radiation safety and all others related to the healthcare/hospital environment and knowledge of technical methods and analytical techniques used to evaluate compliance with same.
* A comprehensive knowledge of Healthcare Incident Command System (HICS) is required with at least three (3) years of related management and implementation experience.
* Excellent critical thinking skills to include the ability to rapidly prioritize, use sound judgment, and implement timely, safe decisions under the stress and duress of actual/potential threats to life, environment, equipment and/or hospital operations.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to communicate with all levels of the organization and routinely with senior and executive levels regarding Safety & EM information of all kinds.
* Excellent presentation skills delivering reports and critical information for crisis response and resolution.
* Exceptional relationship-building skills with internal staff and that of external municipal and governmental agencies and with staff/personnel at all skill and leadership levels.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, WORD, e-mail and use of the internet.
* Must be available for 24X7 emergency response and assign proxy representation as appropriate
Dir Safety & Emergency Mgmt-Admin Svs Bram Safety Office