Direct Buyer 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUPPLY CHAIN - BRYAN, TX
The Direct Buyer oversees vendor management and the sourcing of more than $100 million of contract manufacturing and direct materials annually (e.g. packaging, raw materials, and manufacturing). The Direct Buyer will be responsible for selecting manufacturers and vendors of direct materials and managing those vendors to ensure compliance to Nutrabolt's KPIs and quality standards. The goal of the Direct Buyer will be to lead sourcing initiatives of manufacturing and direct materials that result in lower total landed costs, higher service levels, and excellent relationships with vendors.
DAY IN THE LIFE OF:
* Identify and leverage opportunities and directly negotiate to achieve the lowest total cost of ownership across more than $100 million of contract manufacturing and direct materials purchasing annually.
* Build and communicate contract manufacturing and direct material purchasing intelligence throughout the company.
* Perform spend analysis and develop a sourcing roadmap focused on cost savings, process improvement, and supplier management.
* Establish contracts with contract manufacturers and direct materials vendors and manage an approved vendor list.
* Implement vendor performance strategies to ensure ongoing cost improvements, on time delivery, quality, and service.
* Contribute to vendor business reviews that focus on meeting established KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
* Develop category profiles, strategies, and market intelligence for direct materials (e.g. Caffeine, Beta Alanine, and Whey Protein).
* Collaborate with other business units to identify and implement savings initiatives.
* Build and sustain strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
* Serve as an escalation contact when issues arise in regard to suppliers and/or with internal operational departments.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
* Undergraduatedegree in Supply Chain Management or a related field is strongly preferred.
* Degree in Business Administration, Economics, or a related field may be acceptable.
* 5 to 8 years of professional sourcing and vendor management experience with contract manufacturers and direct materials vendors.
* Experience developing Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Quotations (RFQ).
* Experience with establishing and maintaining performance metrics with vendors.
* Experience with sourcing contract manufacturing, packaging, and/or raw materials is preferred.
* Experience in negotiations with contract manufacturers and/or direct material vendors.
* Ability to analyze large data sets, draw conclusions, and provide recommendations to executive leadership.
* Ability to read and understand material specifications.
* Ability to operate within the scope of large complex projects, including performing to a project timeline, ensuring quality deliverables, and maintaining effective communication throughout the project.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
* Must be ready and willing to work in a fast-paced environment and display the ability to handle multiple priorities. Demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
* Familiar with industry leading strategic sourcing practices and sales and operating procedures.
* Experience in the nutraceutical, pharmaceutical and/or consumer packaged goods industry preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as proven organizational skills.
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* Ability to present in executive settings and clearly communicate rationale for decisions.
* Written and verbal fluency in English.
* Exceptional listening skills.
* Ability to perform under pressure, multi-task and have a sense of urgency.
* Ability to internalize performance metrics and exceed expectations.
* Proficient analytical skills and eagerness to continuously develop these skills.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
* Effective interpersonal skills.
* Must pass pre-employment background checks and drug tests.
* APP/CPM/CPSM/CSCP certifications are preferred.