Direct Mail Production Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
University of California - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
Direct Mail Production Specialist
$20.31 - $40.13 hourly
Department Website URL:
Job Summary Statement:
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Direct Mail Production Specialist will be responsible for managing the flow of all direct mail production needs in a high-volume environment, ensuring that mailing projects are completed on brand, on time, and on budget. This individual will work collaboratively with other members of the Central Annual Giving team to establish project schedules and manage workflow based on project priority and requirements, coordinating from intake to final deliverables. The Direct Mail Production Specialist will also review and approve live samples for data accuracy and content before materials are officially shipped. Projects range from monthly fundraising letters and quarterly stewardship mailings, to seasonal special projects and annual event invitations. The Direct Mail Production Specialist will juggle multiple projects simultaneously, working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, including marketing teams, designers, copywriters, cross-functional teams, executives, directors, and third-party vendors. The Direct Mail Production Specialist will regularly collaborate with staff in email production, especially in cases where a communication shares a common message, creative treatment, and/or recipient list. The incumbent will directly manage many aspects of the production process, building strong relationships with colleagues and vendors, maintaining open lines of communication, and promoting a spirit of collaboration and confidence.
Percentage of Time:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
1. Minimum 2+ years of direct mail marketing experience, including reporting, analysis and vendor relations.
2. Familiarity with Asana project management software.
3. Strong, confident communicator that can work across departments to develop and implement strategic processes.
4. Demonstrated experience at prioritizing responsibilities and tracking details of multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
5. Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to manage team and communications with a wide array of divergent personalities, solving problems in an efficient, positive, and professional manner.
6. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
7. Ability to monitor project workflow on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment from commencement to completion.
8. Knowledge of marketing, design, print production, e-communications and general creative development process.
9. Experience attending press checks and reviewing proofs.
10. Demonstrated follow-through skills and ability to meet deadlines while juggling many projects and priorities simultaneously in the face of frequent interruptions.
11. Demonstrated experience working with internal and external creative teams and vendors.
12. Ability to anticipate problems and difficult situations, troubleshooting to develop strategies to bring the parties involved to a mutually agreed upon solution.
13. Ability to juggle a high volume of complex projects simultaneously*often in various stages of development.
14. Must be highly organized, proactive, and able to work collaboratively in a team environment with little supervision.
15. Superior computer skills, proficiency with MS Office suite.
16. Proactive, self-starter that can maintain an upbeat, positive attitude.
17. Proven success managing project budgets; researching creative and cost-effective solutions to produce print materials within budget.
18. Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or related field, from a four-year college or university.
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION
External Posting Date:
Quicklink To Posting:
Please attach a Brand Identity Guidelines document that you created in one of your prior roles.
THE TARGET SALARY RANGE FOR THIS POSITION IS BETWEEN THE POSTED MINIMUM AND $24.90 HOURLY.
Number of Positions:
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT DESIGNATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS PER UC POLICY
Conflict of Interest:
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information No Response
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA* No
Other Special Employment Requirements:
POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY WIDE POLICE POLICIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES.
Return to Search Results