Direct Metal Laser Sintering Lab Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Proto Labs, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Proto Labs (PRLB) is a leading online and technology enabled quick-turn manufacturer. Our technology, innovation and people have made us the world's fastest manufacturer of custom prototype and low-volume parts. Proto Labs revolutionized our industry by developing proprietary computing technologies and automated manufacturing processes that enable us to create "Real Parts, Really Fast".
Our 3D Printing division, located in North Carolina s Research Triangle Park makes custom prototype and production parts for companies worldwide using Rapid Prototyping, Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing technologies. We have a fast-growing, high-energy team of associates who work together in a friendly environment.
The responsibility of the Lab Technician will be to maintain a safe and productive production lab, set up additive manufacturing equipment for production, and maintain powdered raw material in a state of production readiness.
This position works Monday Friday 10:00am 7:00pm
Specific duties include:
* Work with Production Manager, Process Engineering and Safety organizations to establish and maintain a safe work environment in the production lab.
* Use established procedures and work instructions to set up production metal laser sintering equipment for operation.
* Operate metal powder sieve processes to restore raw materials to production readiness after each run of production equipment.
* Perform Material Vat Swaps following Proto Lab Safety and Vat Swap Procedures.
* Maintain a clean and safe laboratory environment and assist with the restocking of supplies.
* Assist in the removal and disposal of contaminated materials according to Proto Lab procedures.
* Assist in the general clean-up and maintenance of the facility.
* Observe all Proto Lab Safety and Quality Procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Demonstrated computer aptitude for working with complex database applications.
* Assertive personality with strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude and work well on a team.
* Operational experience in a professional manufacturing environment.
* Ability to establish, maintain, and work within a highly procedure-oriented environment.
* Strong communication skills.
* Respect for safety and associated rules and regulations.
* Must demonstrate the ability to learn new techniques.
* Must be able to follow instructions in operating and maintaining a laboratory in a clean and safe manner.
* Wear all required PPE (gloves, lab coats, etc.)
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
Laboratory and shop type environment with chemicals and dust. Periods of elevated noise level during certain finishing procedures. Periods of high concentration and visual focus when finishing small and intricate RP models.
Proto Labs, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer