Direct Sales Representative - Kona
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Type: Full Time
Full-time. Located in Kona.
PURPOSE STATEMENT: The purpose of this position is to present and promote cutting-edge communications and entertainment services to new and existing subscribers in door-to-door, trade show, and retail environments. Services include all TWC products and services such as cable television, high-speed data, digital phone, Intelligent Home, etc.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to the Direct Sales Supervisor.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Canvasses assigned address list(s) or areas in specified time period and solicits order for new or upgraded services.
* Solicits interest in purchasing cable television, internet, digital phone and IntelligentHome services by verbally and visually presenting services and rates to customers.
* Initial contact must be made at the door, no telemarketing will be allowed.
* Operates POV to assigned sales area. Ability to travel door-to-door on foot.
* Utilizes general knowledge of city and map reading in order to travel to assigned territories.
* Utilizes effective sales skills.
* Completes customer orders and weekly sales activity reports.
* Meets critical submission deadlines for both orders and reports.
* Utilizes writing skills to manually report field data.
* Utilizes PDA and / or laptop computer to electronically report field data.
* Utilizes basic knowledge of mathematics.
* Organizes and archives personal sales files.
* Attends all department staff meetings as well as scheduled sales training sessions.
* Utilizes verbal and written communication in order to provide and receive information.
* Organizes material and prepares documents in a timely manner.
* Regular attendance is required.
* May be assigned to sell one or more specific products (i.e. cable, internet, phone, IH, etc.) or cover a specific area (i.e. residential, MDU, etc.)
* May give presentation to small groups of people interested in cable television, internet, digital phone and IntelligentHome services.
* Utilizes working knowledge of cable television, internet, digital phone and IntelligentHome products, programming choices, and rates.
* Clearly and effectively communicate services provided to customers.
* Able to collect and submit balance and advance payments from customers.
* Organizes, secures and submits customer payments efficiently.
* Utilizes basic knowledge of mathematics.
* Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
HUMAN RELATIONS: Has extensive contact with customers, building security officers, resident managers, and the general public. No supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum one year successful inside and/or outside sales experience preferred. Account management, route sales, door-to-door, and/or customer service experience is preferred. Stable employment history.
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGES AND ABILITIES: Skills included: Persuasive written and verbal communication skills. Must have exceptional verbal and written presentation skills. Ability to retain operational information and execute on high volume of sales. Thorough knowledge of cable, internet, and digital phone products and rates, basic mathematics, city map reading. Able to travel door-to-door and handle in-person sales issues and challenges.
ENVIRONMENT: Outdoor and some indoor work throughout the year. Conditions may vary between hot and cold, often dusty, occasionally wet, dark, or cramped.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED: PDA and / or laptop computer and company cellular phone. The Direct Sales Associate must have the following: 1) personal vehicle, 2) current proof of vehicle insurance coverage showing $25K for bodily injury and $25K for property damage; as required by Time Warner risk management policy, 3) a valid Hawaii driver s license, and 4) an acceptable driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Driving and walking over long periods of time and distances. Extensive climbing of stairs and stooping, bending, and light lifting.
Hours: To be determined.
Salary: Potential to earn $55k-65k+ per year.
If you are experiencing any issues with applying for this position. Please do not hesitate to email: email@example.com for assistance.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 4095
Controlling Establishment ID: 00558 - Kailua Kona Kanalani St
Job Code: TWCMSA070 Rep 1, Direct Sales Exempt