Direct Service Worker
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOHNSTON COUNTY INDUSTRIES INC
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY DUTIES OF POSITION
Under supervision of Director of Program Services or designee, responsible for direct care and rehabilitative services to single and/or group of clients within facility, "clubhouse model", community training sites and/or community employment sites as outlined on Person Centered Plan. Work is performed according to Johnston County Industries (JCI) policies and standards dictated by Innovations Waiver, Medicaid, Mental Health and other required standards. Employee shall meet required credentialing qualifications, training, service provision, documentation and professional expectations. Work hours vary according to needs of client(s) and may consist of 10 - 40 hours per week. Competency shall be demonstrated based upon JCI philosophy of service provisions, Mental Health and Innovations Waiver regulations. Position is supervised by Qualified Professional (QP).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Reviews client information and Plan of Service to understand needs, limitations, strengths and goals.
* Provides direct supervision of client(s) in rehabilitation services based on individual(s) Plan of Care.
* Follows Person Centered Plan to aid in development of leisure time, interest and activities, therapeutic mentoring and behavior and anger management skill training.
* Maintains current documentation of required qualifications and certifications for employment as outlined by program guidelines.
* Provides information to assist with coordination of services with other professionals, guardians, family members, etc. as allowed by confidentiality guidelines.
* Completes documentation on client progress and reports client information to immediate supervisor.
* Integrates individual client needs with needs of other clients and environment (JCI, job, community employment settings)
* Performs community based employment checks with client, families and employers to ensure employment success.
* Provides delivery of skill building activities such as daily and community living skills, socialization, employment, adaptation, symptoms monitoring and management skills in areas identified (clerical, kitchen and maintenance work groups).
* Provides wellness education and direct interventions to assist in achieving rehabilitative goals.
* Implements behavior management as related to Plan of Care.
* Actively participates in development of Person Centered Plan.
* Provides client transportation as required.
* Completes in-service and external training as required.
* Performs other work related duties as required.
Skills Abilities and General Knowledge
* Complete required training and execute methods of intervention.
* Basic academic skills to conduct training, teach skill building activities and document and maintain required records.
* Ability to communicate in oral and written form.
* General knowledge of mental illness and developmental disabilities.
* Ability to assist client(s) in achieving and maintaining rehabilitative and recovery goals to successfully address educational and vocational goals.
* Ability to observe and assess client(s) in order to contribute