Direct client : Lead Senior Performance Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhat we are looking for:
We are looking for a Lead Performace Engineer who has experience in load testing, build test plans and can identify what areas need to be tested. Individual should have experience in HP Load Runner, Jmeter and SOAP UI. Candidate should have stron experience in Linux commands and scripting. Perl or Python scripting is nice to have. Individual must have experience in Java JVM and memory management. Experience in automation tools like ansible and knowledge on distributed systems is nice to have!
THIS IS A LEAD PERFORMANCE TEST ENGINEER
The Technical Readiness Engineering team has an exciting opportunity for a creative and experienced software performance testing engineer. Performance test engineering is a fundamental role in the organization with responsibility for performance and reliability engineering of Sabre's mission critical systems. This position will provide the candidate with the opportunity to work with a variety of people at all levels both technical and management across the enterprise. We are currently looking for:
The candidate will join a very collaborative and dynamic team of technical experts. The technical readiness team is passionate about ensuring the most effective and efficient IT solutions are implemented to meet future business needs across core Sabre Services. A performance test engineer's primary responsibility is the creation and maintenance of performance test plans, utilizing JMeter load testing software to inject load, analyzing metrics from application and system logs, and simulating system behavior to improve the performance and reliability of Sabre applications. The candidate should also have enthusiasm for troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving complex problems, must demonstrate strong problem solving and communication skills, and be prepared to be an expert performance engineering resource on multiple initiatives of diverse scope.
* Work closely with internal and external customers to understand technology requirements for key projects
* Evaluate application architectures and design performance test plans
* Establish performance test objectives, acceptance criteria, workload profiles and use case scenarios
* Measure and analyze performance data (workload, system and application)
* Solve complex problems and provide clear and concise reports with recommendations
* Work closely with development teams, architects and engineers to test their products under load and make recommendations to improve performance, reliability and stability
MUST HAVE SKILLS;
* Comprehensive understanding of Linux (Unix) performance principles and metrics
* Expert skills in one or more load testing tools (e.g. Jmeter, LoadRunner, SOAPUI, Microsoft Visual Studio, Selenium, etc.)
* Expert knowledge of Linux (Unix) commands and scripting language/s
* Proven data analysis and problem solving skills
* Strong self-driven collaborator with ability to work in diverse teams as a contributing member
* Excellent English, both written and spoken
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
* Knowledge of distributed systems
* Knowledge of Python and/or Perl programming languages
* Knowledge of Ansible automation toolset
* Knowledge of Zabbix open source monitoring tool
* Knowledge of AppDynamics APM toolset
* Java internals, with concentration in memory management and Garbage Collection algorithms for server-side applications
* Linux (Unix) system administration (operating system internals)
* Oracle knowledge
* Basic understanding of SQL