Director, Accounting Advisory Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director in Accounting Advisory Services for our Deal Advisory practice.
- Manage large scale accounting advisory engagements and provide accounting support to clients, including implementation assistance with new accounting requirements and financial restatements
- Assist with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulatory filings for spin-offs, carve-outs, initial public offerings (IPO), debt offerings, and other acquisition filings for both domestic and cross-border transactions
- Provide conversion services to U.S. and foreign registered companies that need a change in their financial reporting to U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Provide transaction oriented accounting and reporting assistance for mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, complex capital raising and financing structures, financial instruments, revenue recognition, and provide fresh-start accounting support to clients upon emergence from bankruptcy
- Work with valuation advisors to assess the impact and reporting of valuation events such as acquisitions, management buyouts, and fresh-start accounting
- Identify and build long-term business relationships with new target clients and key executives
- Eight years of experience with a public accounting firm, advisory services firm, or a large multinational organization conducting financial audit or corporate accounting
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field; licensed CPA or CPA equivalent required
- Strong current knowledge in one of the following:
U.S. GAAP, IFRS, SEC financial reporting issues, bankruptcies, business combinations, or financial restatements
- Demonstrated ability to connect with senior executives of leading organizations to generate new business relationships and projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams of over twenty employees comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .