Director, Accounting Advisory Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY KPMG clients know our insights and guidance will help them to better understand market dynamics and address the many challenges they face. Improving business performance, turning risk and compliance efforts into opportunities, and creating, enhancing and preserving value are at the core of what we do. Our professionals work with many of the world's leading organizations enabling them to innovate and expand, leverage IT investments, protect financial assets, manage risk, develop winning strategies and boost market confidence. They can count on our relentless execution to help get the job done right. We are currently seeking a Director in Accounting Advisory Services for our Deal Advisory practice to join us in our Silicon Valley office.
- Manage large scale accounting advisory engagements and provide accounting support to clients, including implementation assistance with new accounting requirements and financial restatements
- Assist with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulatory filings for spin-offs, carve-outs, initial public offerings (IPO), debt offerings, and other acquisition filings for both domestic and cross-border transactions
- Provide conversion services to U.S. and foreign registered companies that need a change in their financial reporting to U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Provide transaction oriented accounting and reporting assistance for mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, complex capital raising and financing structures, financial instruments, revenue recognition, and provide fresh-start accounting support to clients upon emergence from bankruptcy
- Work with valuation advisors to assess the impact and reporting of valuation events such as acquisitions, management buyouts, and fresh-start accounting
- Identify and build long-term business relationships with new target clients and key executives
- Eight years of experience with a public accounting firm, advisory services firm, or a large multinational organization conducting financial audit or corporate accounting
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field; licensed CPA or CPA equivalent required
- Strong current knowledge in one of the following:
U.S. GAAP, IFRS, SEC financial reporting issues, bankruptcies, business combinations, or financial restatements
- Demonstrated ability to connect with senior executives of leading organizations to generate new business relationships and projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams of over twenty employees comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .