Director, Ad Tech & Marketing Tech Consultancy 9/6/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Annalect - New York, NY
The digitaltechnologylandscape has evolved past a handful of solutions to a sprawling web of over 2,000 interconnected technologies enabling marketers to capture, analyze, and optimize every touch point in the consumer journey. This complex and ever-changing landscape requires a new and unique set of skills to navigate. The Director, Ad Tech/Marketing Tech Consultancy gives consultative and strategic guidance to clients on how to best leverage technologies and data to outpace their competition.
About Your Team
The Annalect Platform Consultantancy organization plays a vital role in the agency team structure, with responsibilities including:
* Guide clients and agency teams through the cluttered and fragmented advertising technologylandscape, stewarding their evolution to adopt more sophisticated practices and solutions to prepare for a data-driven future
* Build trust and collaboration among Omnicom Media Group leadership and clients
* Ensure scope deliverables are met and clients are satisfied through value-driven solutions
You will be part of a team made of up account-specific leads responsible for defining business needs, stewarding project engagements, and managing overall health of the account's adoption of an ad technology and data. You will provide client and agency team with a strong knowledge of the technical space and identify opportunities to grow business through data and technology. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities to partner with Platform Strategy and Operations on a project need basis.
You will be responsible for developing and managing relationships with Omnicom Media Group agency teams and direct clients at a senior level, and should be capable of presenting solutions to senior audiences. Approximately 20%travel is required.
You will be a driving force in ensuring the delivery of high-quality consultative guidance in ad technology, rooted in driving business value for clients. Success in this role requires deep expertise across multiple facets of ad technology (technical, operational, and business), strong communication and management skills, and a drive to help clients evolve and solve for their ad technology strategy. Your responsibilities will include:
* Authoring position statements, case studies, technology updates, beta opportunities, training, and best practices around existing and emerging digitalmarketingtechnologies.
* Supporting the delivery of consultative guidance surrounding ad technology, including pre-sales/sales support, needs assessments, presentation preparation and delivery, partner evaluation and recommendation, and data flow and platform integration design
* Managing ad technology deployment, collaborating with agency teams, clients, Platform Operations, and ad technology vendors to ensure proper and timely completion of all critical tasks and delivery against client and agency needs
* Nurturing strong working relationships with assigned clients' digital account leads to collaborate on service delivery, sell engagements, and resolve issues
* Ensuring high-quality and timeliness of work
* Partnering closely with ad technology companies to educate self and team about evolving solutions, identify opportunities, and ensure a healthy and collaborative relationship
* Leading on tech execution to ensure business and marketing needs are maximized
* Partnering with Omnicom Media Group agencies to maximize clients success and provide insight and thought leadership on the account's data strategy
* Identify where standards in processes are needed across client and agencies
* You have a passion for ad technology, measurement, and digital advertising.
* You have a strong command across ad technologies, including DMP's, ad servers, mobile (app & web), video, verification, dynamic creative, tag management.
* You can demonstrate understanding of how ad technology satisfies digitalcampaign measurement needs, and effects of mis-implementation on ability to deliver on those needs.
* You encourage dialogue with your clients to understand their needs and gain a deep understanding of the client's core business and process.
* You possess the ability to present viable solutions with analytical and problem solving skills.
* The obvious is not acceptable to you - you strive to understand the needs beyond the surface.
* Collaborative negotiation skills are part of how you engage to get towards a win-win situation.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
* You foster environments that enables you to coach, motivate and drives others to do the same.
* You think about the ad technology space as an iterative process, it's constantly changing and knowledge has a half-life.
* Proven ability to lead staff as well as collaborate and influence other leaders in the organization.
* Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
* Organized and detail oriented: Must be able to manage to deadlines and prioritize daily, weekly and monthly tasks. Track and keep team's velocity high while balancing new engagements
* Analytical, evaluative, and likes to solve problems
* Thrives in being at the intersection between marketing and IT
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Degrees in the following subject areas are preferred: marketing, engineering, computer science, information science, social science or business-related fields with technical and project management skills.
* Minimum 10 years technical and consultative experience across digitaltechnologies, such as:
* Data Management Platform
* Standard/Mobile Ad-Servers
* Rich/Video Ad-Servers
* Ad Viewability & Fraud
* Audience Measurement
* Tag Management
* Dynamic Creative
* Behavioral Targeting Compliance
* Experience working in an agency environment and knowledge of the agency media campaign planning and execution process is highly desirable, but not required--agencies are exciting places to work with a variety of projects moving fast, having first-hand experience will help someone quickly ramp up
* Proven effectiveness in managing relationships
* Excellent project management skills with the ability to independently manage multiple projects
* Demonstrated skill using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Analytical mindset with knowledge and passion for media, data and technology
* Creative thinker that is willing to challenge the norm to improve product offerings
* Proactive individual with strong problem solving skills and an entrepreneurial spirit