Director Advanced Analytics 9/3/2016
StanCorp Financial Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
Manages analytical projects to inform the business of trends, competitive intelligence, and operational insights based on sophisticated analytical tools and methodologies in support of a function or otherwise designated major segment of the business. Provides strategic input and thought partnership on large-scale, highly complex projects/business issues, typically with significant impact and scope. Proposes tactical direction impacting the function or business unit. Owns relationship with a defined segment of business, delivering advanced tools and insights, including on-going monitoring of metrics and initiatives, to improve business results.
Responsible for managing the work environment, identifying workforce needs and ensuring alignment with corporate manager expectations, values and vision.
* Manages advanced analytic projects, data mining and statistical modeling operation to identify underlying trends and patters to promote informed business decision making. Informs the business of trends, competitive intelligence, and operational insights based on sophisticated analytical tools and methodologies in support of a function or otherwise designated major segment of the business.
* Manages a team of analysts/scientists and ensures advanced predictive analysis to generate business recommendations is conducted. Partners with senior management of trends, patterns and recommendations. Provides strategic input on and thought partnership on large-scale, highly complex projects/business issues, typically with significant scope.
* Proposes tactical direction impacting the function or SBU or Corporate department. Analyze and validate findings, creating reports, presentations and visualizations
* Owns relationship with a defined segment of business, delivering advanced tools and insights, including on-going monitoring of metrics and initiatives, to improve business results.
* Education: Master's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative field; Ph.D. helpful given quantitative work overseen.
* Experience: Minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
* Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills.
* Expert knowledge of data sources, tools, and business processes, including a sophisticated understanding of cross-functional operations and business drivers.
* Expert knowledge of advanced statistical techniques required.
* Professional certification required: none
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc., StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc. and StanCorp Mortgage Investors, LLC, marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, please visit the URL: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf,