Director, Application Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs the Director, Application Development, you will lead a technical team of professionals to manage the development and enhancements of Real Time and Provider Portal applications. You will lead the technical implementation of large ($2-$3 million) strategic initiatives in the eBusiness area by driving technology innovation to achieve competitive differentiation in the market. You will interface with IS and various business departments within the organization including the Application, Data Architecture, Program Analyst and Development teams.
* Lead, evaluate and provide technical, architectural and career guidance to 15 direct reports
* Manage the complete lifecycle of Real Time and Provider Portal applications including planning, design, infrastructure, implementation, release management, maintenance, support and retirement
* Provide leadership and direction round compliance with IS processes for application development and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Lead Real Time Provider Portal Production Support and Operational Procedure team to ensure production excellence through metrics
* Work collaboratively with architecture team to ensure that the proposed solution is aligned with enterprise architecture direction
* Develop in Agile development methodology including user stories, continuous integration and test driven development
* Work with business users to define scope, organize development program, and deliver quality releases consistently
* Ensure that Software Development Methodologies in design and build are consistently implemented and tracked with appropriate metrics
* Manage work assigned to vendors as it relates to Real Time Provider Portal and customer facing applications
* Familiarity with requirements management tools and Agile development tools to effectively prioritize and track the requirements
* Prepare feasibility and cost analysis determinations for projects
* Build consensus among stakeholders as it relates to large-scale business problems and issues
* Manage large scale projects, lead appropriate resources, and determine project requirements and deliverables to ensure successful implementations to meet user needs
* Critically assess impacts to the business processes as well as technical process flows and lead the introduction of new concepts and business processes
* Become a SME in Medicaid and Medicare Provider Portal and customer facing software applications and interactions
* Bachelor's Degreepreferred or equivalent related experience
* 5 to 10+ years of experience with IT resource management, Enterprise IT, business requirements gathering and change management within a cross-functional organization
* 3 to 5+ years of experience managing customer facing web solutions
* Experience with portal technology, web pages, web forms, web services, HTML, Adobe, AJAX, SOA etc.
* Experience in AgileScrum, .Net experience and ready to develop code
* Strong technical leadership, people management, and project management skills
* Knowledge of Healthcare clinical applications / Healthcare background strongly preferred