Director - Application Development Solution Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHO WE ARE: INTERSYS is a leading Big Data, Analytics, and Application Development professional services organization focused on providing solutions with real business value. We provide a customer-focused approach to building authentic partnerships with our clients with objective counsel from concept to deployment for a consistent voice through the dynamic IT environment.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR: INTERSYS is focused on finding and cultivating talent across the IT space. We have over 100developers, project managers, business analysts, and data management professionals, most with over ten years of experience in their respective fields. In new hires we look for authenticity; be proud of who you are and what you bring to the table, as well as those candidates who consistently deliver the highest quality product and have a deep desire to improve not just themselves, but the organization as a whole.
THE POSITION: Intersys is seeking a Director - Application Development Solution Architect to work with various clients site in the Central Texas area.
OVERVIEW: Our mission at Intersys is providing Insights that Inspire. As a Director you will help achieve that mission by giving our clients consultative guidance and technical expertise. Lead the selection and implementation of solutions and frameworks that meet both their current needs and future requirements. In addition, you will be leading teams of developers and working closely with the Big Data and Analytics practice.
* Understanding and solving business problems with technical solutions
* Managing and meeting client expectations, mitigating risks, and resolving client issues
* Owning and delivering all aspects of client project implementations
* Ensuring that quality standards are met and best practices are followed
* Leading, training, and mentoring Application Development teams
* Collaborating with the Big Data and Analytcis team to build solutions that enable Business Analytics
* Defining and building strategic service delivery components of the Application Development practice
* Working closely with Senior leadership to ensure that objectives are understood and met
* Staying up to date on the latest tools, trends, and technologies
* Representing Intersys at Industry and Technology focused events
* Communicating clearly and frequently with both clients and team members
* Contributing Application Developmet Practice development resources such as technical articles, white papers, webinars, and workshops
* Enable the Sales Team by presenting, proposing, and scoping Application Development engagements to customers and prospects
* Help define the specific Application Development practice service offerings and technologies that should be invested in strategically and proactively
* Attract, recruit, hire, and develop talented architects, developers, and analysts in the Application Development practice
* Deep experience (12+ years) in Customer Application Development, Packaged Application Customization, Application Integation, and Application Modernization
* Multiple (5+) project implementations with focused on modern frameworks, enterprise services, social, web, cloud, and/or mobile
* Background in Java development and Open Source technologies
* Strong understanding of automation of deployment and continuous delivery
* Ability to define and articulate an application architecture and guide a client through a technology selection process
* Strong consulting service delivery background from project scoping through support and maintenance
* Ability to build client relationships and provide an amazing customer experience
* Creative thinking, problem solving skills, and a never-ending desire for learning
* Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills with both functional and technical professionals
* Capability to define and deliver highly complex enterprise grade data management solutions according to plan with the appropriate timeline and team members
* Desire to educate, mentor, and develop junior to mid-level team members
Job Type: Full-time