Director, Assistant Controller
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 3/31/2017
Duquesne Light Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONDuquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Overall Purpose: - Reports directly to the Controller. Responsible for overall accounting functions of the Company, including internal & external reporting, general accounting, payroll & timekeeping and accounts payable departments.
* Responsible for oversight of the preparation of reports to regulatory agencies including the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the Board of Directors and its committees, as well as senior management at the Company.
* Must formulate and implement accounting and financial policies, oversee the research of accounting issues and implement accounting pronouncements.
* This position is also responsible for the accurate preparation of financial statements (including benefit plans) and will act as relationship manager with external auditors.
* Responsible for understanding the strategic direction of the Company and its impacts on the finance departments, leading the implementation of change within the department in support of Company objectives.
* Will lead the business support of financial information system implementations, including analysis of existing processes and identification/implementation of improvements that create efficiencies.
* Responsible for oversight of shared service functions, including internal client service obligations.
* Roles at this level require a university/college degree. Higher level education such as a masters degree, PhD, or certifications is normally required.
* Relevant industry experience to be successful in the given role is typically 15+years.
* At least 10+ years of prior management experience is required.
* Proven leadership experience with a large scope is required.
* Certified Public Accountant certification required.
* Big 4 experience preferred.
* Position requires utility expertise and ability to identify high-impact solutions based upon comprehensive analysis.
* Requires ability to drive organizational change that assists in achievement of results for the Company, as well as ensure an internal control structure that leads to accurate financial records.
Typically reports to the head of a major business segment. Typically leads a sub division/function or group of business areas with a broad / or critical set functional area(s), region(s) or zone(s)
Problems faced require expertise knowledge and broad-based considerations of variables that impacts the corporation. Develops end-to-end solutions influencing high impact decisions made at a higher hierarchy level. Solutions developed typically have no precedent, and require comprehensive analyses and consideration of original concepts and approaches. Drives implementation of transformational changes in the Corporation that has high impact on the achievement of results for the Corporation. Improves on entire existing practices, leveraging on personal past experiences, and in-depth best practice knowledge.
Directs and controls strategy and execution or the organizations activities within the sub function or major business area managed. Key member of the management team representing the organization in dealings with clients and external bodies. Seasoned leader with extensive business experience, broad and deep functional expertise and significant product knowledge. Primary focus of role is on proactive strategic leadership rather than day to day operational execution, although the role includes significant operational responsibilities.
Travel up to 10%
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.